828 Mkii: How to stay on 48kHz? Sample rate keeps resetting

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
ADEMIKS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

828 Mkii: How to stay on 48kHz? Sample rate keeps resetting

Post by ADEMIKS »

Hello everyone!
I just got the Motu 828mkii and I am using it with Windows 7 64-bit.

My goal is to use a sample rate higher than 44.1kHz (such as 48kHz). When I set the sample rate to 48000 in "MOTU Audio Console" and press Ok, the interface panel will display 48kHz, but as soon as I click the desktop or open a program in windows it resets to 44.1kHz immediately. When running a DAW like Cubase 5, set to 48000, it will reset as soon as a background application accesses windows sound. How do I keep it at a chosen sample rate?

Things I've tried:
- In control panel > sound: setting all Playback/Recording devices to 48000 in their respective properties. No luck
- In control panel > sound: Turning off "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" & "Give exclusive mode applications priority". No luck

*Also, is it necessary to change the device properties to match the interface sample rate?
:?:
billruys
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 828 Mkii: How to stay on 48kHz? Sample rate keeps resett

Post by billruys »

Do you need the windows sounds to play through the MOTU? You could possibly point them to your onboard soundcard.

Personally, I leave windows sounds disabled on my DAW.