Audio Express has never worked on my Windows 8

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
langfo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Audio Express has never worked on my Windows 8

Post by langfo »

Hi There

Does Audio Express work on Windows 8?

I had the device working on Windows 7. After I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 some time ago and fired up the device and started up my audio programs (both Cubase and Reaper ) I received ASIO driver errors. They both report errors initializing the ASIO drivers.

I get the exact same error if I start up Reaper and Cubase without the device plugged in.

On MacOS everything works fine i.e. no problem with the device or Reaper .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mark
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Audio Express has never worked on my Windows 8

Post by NazRat »

Did you try to uninstall/reinstall the drivers? Also, what other ASIO drivers are installed? If any, have you updated or tried uninstalling those? I had to reinstall a few drivers after migrating to Win8 (now 8.1) even though no problem was indicated when upgrading. Still having issues with ASIO here, but with non-MOTU stuff.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
langfo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Audio Express has never worked on my Windows 8

Post by langfo »

Hi NazRat

I have tried an uninstall and re-install several times now with the latest Windows drivers and any other software including Reaper, NVidia audio drivers, ToonTrack.

I have since installed asio4all and those drivers work.

I cannot do anything with the MOTU driver such as open the CueMix FX program. It comes up with an error saying "No MOTU Audio Devices that support CueMix found". But I have the Audio Express connected. I can change the sample rate from the Audio Express software panel and see that change occur on the Audio Express device itself.

Is their any log or event messages I can check.

All the drivers say they are working in the Device Manager.

It is very frustrating!! I don't believe their drivers are supported on Windows 8.