Hi! Motu traveler (not mk2/mk3) problem

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
enricotrevis
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Hi! Motu traveler (not mk2/mk3) problem

Post by enricotrevis »

Hello.
Im just testing a motu traveler gave me from a friend . My previous was an yamaha 01x. Im just having lot of headache on setting multiple outs to different pair of speakers. The only out available is the main (1-2 on back panel) ,and i want to use 3-4 for another pair of speakers , and id like to use s/pdif output as input signal to my djm 800 for a playback . Im totally noob on motu world so bear with me . I tryed to follow all the tips for copyng the various bus but nothing happens. Cuemix show me only how to manage inputs so i seriuosly need someone who can explain how to configure my ideal setup step by step.
Im running under window 7 64 bit. 10G RAM . axiom pro 49 (connect only to pc for ableton) . Thanks for any reply
Regards
wylie1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Hi! Motu traveler (not mk2/mk3) problem

Post by wylie1 »

Not sure about the Traveler or Windows but try looking for a piece of software called MOTU Audio Setup.
That's what the other Motu devices use for routing outputs.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
enricotrevis

Post by enricotrevis »

From windows control panel i can see and manage all the analog outputs..but even if i choose another pair (example 3-4 or s/pdif) there is no signal

Ok...now i can switch the output from windows control panel to every analog out and s/pdif out ...but i need to have 2 or 3 pair of output simultaneosly ...
wylie1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by wylie1 »

Have downloaded the driver for the Traveler because I think the Audio setup is part of it.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
enricotrevis

Post by enricotrevis »

sure! audio driver and MIDI/usb update just for being sure.. but on motu audio driver setup i cant manage anything
Motu Audio Console and Cuemix FX are the programs into the pack...
Everything is ok on win7 ..no problem on it...the only one is how to set traveler on multiple pair of output...and how to pan pot s/pdif.
From motu audio console i can set sample rate/sample per buffer and master clock source . 2 choice about using stereo pairs for windows audio / WaveRT for windows audio and i choose both . on the other tab i can switch on/off optical output and choose the phone assignement. nothing more.....thanks for patience :)