About to buy a UltraLite, but...

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
JohnnyTLuxury
Primary DAW OS: Windows

About to buy a UltraLite, but...

Post by JohnnyTLuxury »

My Focusrite Saffire is bout to be dumpster food, and the UL I've had my eyes on forever. I'm close to pull the trigger, but I have two questions, hopefully you guys can steer me right.

I have a 2.1 setup in my bedroom studio and love it, but it requires the use of and external crossover, I'm trying to consolidate. Now I see that UL has the ability to put eqs and filters on each output, am I correct? So if I wanted to put a high pass filter on Mains 1 and 2, and then a lo pass on say, output 5 (for the .1)? Also will those setting stay no matter if I unplug the UL from my comp? I eagerly await your response.

Secondly, will the main volume knob control all monitors attached, if I get, in addition to my sub, a couple of surround channel speakers, and control by the singular volume knob? I know it seems an easy question, but my Saffire was retarded in this methodology. The main volume knob controlled, independently, the Mains 1 and 2 ONLY. This is a multi-channel card and yet I was only able to control the monitors only. hence why I had to get a crossover for the sub. So theres that.

Oh and with the new 828 out, with Thunderbolt, should I wait as the UL has to be next to be upgraded, right to assume?

Thanks for your help guys.
4stripes
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: About to buy a UltraLite, but...

Post by 4stripes »

Yes you can do all that stuff. Take a look at CueMix in the manual because that's where you set it all up.

I doubt Thunderbolt is coming to the UL--it just doesn't have enough IO to justify the bandwidth. Like using a firehose for your kitchen sink.