Naming inputs/outputs in the Clockworks Routings tab

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
alcolmx
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Naming inputs/outputs in the Clockworks Routings tab

Post by alcolmx »

I'm hoping someone can shed light on renaming the inputs and outputs in the Routings tab of Clockworks. I've scoured the manual and the internet and found no information related to this, yet all pictures used in MOTU documentation show customized names for both the inputs and outputs. Can anyone help!?!

If it helps, I'm using R e a p e r and Windows 7.
diabolo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Naming inputs/outputs in the Clockworks Routings tab

Post by diabolo »

I had this problem last night. When I created my MIDI instruments in the Audio/MIDI settings in OS X, then the instrument names trickled down to clockworks.
HARDDRlVER
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Naming inputs/outputs in the Clockworks Routings tab

Post by HARDDRlVER »

I know this is late in the game for you so I'm guessing you've already found out that the windows platform of clockworks won't allow naming the ports in clockworks which i think sucks. I believe it's why they chose to include a page that has a little strip where you can write them down. I've memorized mine but think it's entirely unfair to have included it for Mac but not windows. If anyone knows how to hack the registry...I'd do that in a heartbeat. I only hope motu fixes that with an update.