MOTU Audio Express driver problem

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
jess_CLiNT
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MOTU Audio Express driver problem

Post by jess_CLiNT »

hi everyone, ive installed a new system build from intel i5 4670K, ASRock Z87 Pro4 mobo, 16GB, Sapphire ATI R9290 GPU and my motu audio express connected thru usb running on win7 x64
ive install the drivers connect the sound card and every thing looks normal it works for 2 second every time i start it and then i hear a high frequency that stops if you turn it of or if you open the motu driver and then it stops but still not making any sound.
felling lost any suggestions?
John Judd

Re: MOTU Audio Express driver problem

Post by John Judd »

I have the occasional audio dropout then high frequency ear wrenching squeel with the audio express. Only occasional, though.

For me, using the FireWire connection reduced these dropout a great deal. (Over the USB connection)

Not sure if MOTU has a solution or not.
DP 9.5, Windows 10 64bit, i7 7700k @ 4.5 ghz, Asus Maximus Hero IX MOBO, 32Gb Ram, GeForce 750ti Strix edition, Samsung M.2, Be Quiet Case + PSU + CPU Cooler + Fans, a bunch of WD drives.
pilkinsc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by pilkinsc »

Same issue here, and I found another user with the same problem on this forum. I replied to his thread here.

The only thing I notice that we have in common, is that we are all using an intel i5 4670k processor. No idea how this could have an effect on the MOTU but worth looking into I suppose.

Let me know if you have any luck.

Thanks

Simon
geomic788

Post by geomic788 »

Same here!
I ve been searching for this for over a year!
No luck.
I was using an i7 920 (3year old model) with motu audio express for 2 years now and i was facing everyday the same problems as you.
Yesterday i bought a brand new pc and guess what! Same thing happened after 30 minutes of operation.
God help us :P