Audio Console Does Not Open

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
sjoens
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Audio Console Does Not Open

Post by sjoens »

Today I double click it and nothing happens.

I have the latest drivers installed on an HP Envy i7 laptop running Windows 7.

I tried to open it in Sonar X2a and still nothing happens.

I ran the repair function in Device Manager.

I have had no issues with the MOTU on my Windows XP desktop.

Thanks!

Steve
sjoens
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Audio Console Does Not Open

Post by sjoens »

I set the onboard soundcard to DEFAULT and it now opens.

It will not open if the MOTU is the DEFAULT.

Steve
torrentg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by torrentg »

Have you had previous drivers from MOTU installed?

I dunno...if I was experiencing the same problem you are describing, I would manually clear out every bit of MOTU info from the pc.

This includes uninstalling normally, going through Regedit for both System and Current User to delete all MOTU mentions (use F3 if needed to keep finding MOTU), deleting anything MOTU from C:\Windows\Installer (you can sort by Author column alphabetically if you add that column), deleting anything MOTU from Program Files and/or Program Files (x64), deleting anything MOTU in your personal user folder and All Users folder, and finally using Ccleaner to clean both the machine and then the registry itself.

Be careful and try to use common sense when deleting things from the registry.

I would also make sure your onboard audio (most likely from Realtek) driver is updated to latest from manufacturer's site. Then install latest MOTU driver again.

You could also uninstall your antivirus as a test, if all of the above did not fix it. If you have any funky kind of other security software, probably a good idea to uninstall it/them too, for troubleshooting purposes if it becomes necessary.

Use msconfig to make a Selective Startup on the General tab, while unchecking "Load Startup Items" to see if that does anything for ya.

Update all drivers for everything you can too, for good measure, from manufacturers' sites.

If for sure you don't ever use onboard for anything at all, disable it in the motherboard bios and save.
mwilloam
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mwilloam »

Fresh install of Windows 10 using latest 828mk3 Hybrid driver. I have the same issue. Can only open the Motu Audio Console when Windows playback default is set to built in speakers, not 828 main 1-2. So yeah, that happens.