MOTU TREVELER MK3 on WINDOWS 8

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
slash1003
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MOTU TREVELER MK3 on WINDOWS 8

Post by slash1003 »

Hi guys, I have a PCIe Firewire 400 card on on windows 8 PC

Does the traveler work on windows 8?

the card is working fine, I already used something else on it
and the computer finds the motu device when I open the motu audio console
but when I try to open the cue mix it says that the device I have is not a device that uses the cue...

Please help

the Mk3 works on my mac just fine
BillE
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: MOTU TREVELER MK3 on WINDOWS 8

Post by BillE »

I have had the same problem with Firewire and Windows 8.1, Audio Console opens and changes made there seem to register with the Traveler mk3, but initially CueMix failed to open most of the time. (I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1, all was well under Windows 7.) I have followed many tech support suggestions. None seemed to help immediately, but over time with many trips to Device Manager to disable and/or uninstall, and many reboots, and some Windows updates, and driver updates, it seems to be working most of the time. Unfortunately I can't really say which of the many changes were significant. One thing that is reproducible, if the computer goes to sleep with the Traveler connected, on wake up the driver will fail. So now I keep all sleep functions off. Odd ha? Yes. A couple things that I think helped but I can't say for sure: I turned of Fast Startup and I turned off letting Windows 8 auto check for, download and install drivers automatically. Will post more as it evolves...

Update: After any hardware driver update, CueMix fails to start thereafter but going to Device Manager and uninstalling the IEEE 1394 device, then rebooting seems to 'solve' it.