828 MK3 hybrid no sound in WMP/WMC

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
ndingemans
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

828 MK3 hybrid no sound in WMP/WMC

Post by ndingemans »

OS Windows 7 32-bit
Did anyone already managed to get surround sound out of WMP/wmc in Windows 7?
I use 6 (5.1) analog outputs from 828mk3 hybrid to à Yamaha av receiver analog inputs, Movie picture great, but no sound via directsound driver.
Mpc-hc works with coreavc and ac3filter as external filters, but movie quality is less.
And of course no database for my mkv files.
I like to present my audio/video presentations (ac3/dts, all as mkv encoded) in Windows Media Center
to my friends and clients in my living room aka movie theater. And like to compose music in the sofa
In the same room, very relaxing, and upgraded the xonar audiocard to motu (via USB) to do this.
Asio and MIDI works terrific, so the relaxing composing part is great.
I installed shark007 Windows 7 codecs. Which worked great with the xonar card, but now I get
no sound. Tried nearly every posibility, but clearly am missing something. Or is this just not possible
with this Motu? Anybody some tips?
Thanks in advance.

Nina
HTPC, gigabyte ep45-ds4, Intel Q9400, 4GB DDR2 RAM, MSI GTX460, motu 828 Mk3 hybrid, Panasonic plasma 50 inch als monitor, Monitor Audio 9.2 speakers, Yamaha Aventage rx-a3010 in living room
+ 2 PC'S DAW in recording studio, Pro Tools