motu pci-e 424 -problem:The Audiowire card is currently in u

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
zaksplit
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

motu pci-e 424 -problem:The Audiowire card is currently in u

Post by zaksplit »

An error has occurred in the Audiowire console: The Audiowire card is currently in use. Quit other applications and try again.
What is the reason of this fault, I cant use the card and cannot set inputs in cubase
thanks
billruys
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: motu pci-e 424 -problem:The Audiowire card is currently

Post by billruys »

Are you trying to launch the MOTU applet from within Cubase, or while Cubase is running? The MOTU applet will throw this message if anything is talking to the drivers.

You need to make sure any app that talks to the audio drivers is closed - then you can open the applet from the MOTU menu item.

I run Sonar and I should be able to launch the MOTU ASIO applet from within Sonar, but it never works. I get the same error you are seeing. Funny thing is though, I'm sure a number of driver revisions ago it used to work.
HiFiDavid
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: motu pci-e 424 -problem:The Audiowire card is currently

Post by HiFiDavid »

So Bumping this as I don't see an answer... and I have the same error. It just happened after running fine for months. No, not running ANY applications. Reboot, go into MOTU Console, and get this error. It is a Windows 7 64B, but it's been running fine for over a year now until now... Clean OS, .... where do I start????