Cuemix FX issue in Windows 7 64bit

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
glenecho
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Cuemix FX issue in Windows 7 64bit

Post by glenecho »

I have the latest drivers installed (4.0.5.323) and am having issues with Cuemix FX. When I try to adjust the trim knobs, my mouse pointer disappears. If I continue moving the mouse the trim knobs eventually move somewhat, but after a second or two they just revert back down to zero. If I change the trim on the unit itself, CueMIX does follow the settings and change, but it would be much more convenient if I could do this from the application itself.

I had this problem a long time ago, and a new driver update seemed to fix it but now with this latest driver it's broken again. I have no idea which driver version worked.

Also having the usual cracks and pops (even using the legacy firewire drivers). Things work so well in Mac. So disappointed with the Windows experience from MOTU. They should be ashamed at how poor and buggy their Windows drivers and software is. I always urge people looking for an interface to stay away from MOTU as a result of these headaches.
torrentg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Cuemix FX issue in Windows 7 64bit

Post by torrentg »

I would update the video and mouse drivers to latest, along with the chipset drivers for the motherboard.

If you have a wireless adapter installed, that is surely part of the issue. Update that driver to latest too.

It's a pity I should try to help you. I actually know who you are and you're not a good person by any stretch of the imagination. I'll leave it at that.
aliengtr

Post by aliengtr »

2018: "When I try to adjust the trim knobs, my mouse pointer disappears. If I continue moving the mouse the trim knobs eventually move somewhat, but after a second or two they just revert back down to zero. If I change the trim on the unit itself, CueMIX does follow the settings and change, but it would be much more convenient if I could do this from the application itself."
I am having the exact same issue but with windows xp service pack 3 yet this does not occur with win7 64 bit?! am having issues with Cuemix FX. for the xp machine I reloaded chipest drivers,updated video card drivers and found no updated mouse drivers, nothing helped.should I try an older cuemix release.
HARDDRlVER

Post by HARDDRlVER »

*torrentg*

"It's a pity I should try to help you. I actually know who you are and you're not a good person by any stretch of the imagination. I'll leave it at that."

Was this remark absolutely necessary? Sounds to me like the guy has a legitimate question.

Some people...

If what you say is true, them go back to the post(s) you're referring to and take it up with him there.

Why spread hatred?
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mikehalloran »

aliengtr wrote:2018: "When I try to adjust the trim knobs, my mouse pointer disappears. If I continue moving the mouse the trim knobs eventually move somewhat, but after a second or two they just revert back down to zero. If I change the trim on the unit itself, CueMIX does follow the settings and change, but it would be much more convenient if I could do this from the application itself."
I am having the exact same issue but with windows xp service pack 3 yet this does not occur with win7 64 bit?! am having issues with Cuemix FX. for the xp machine I reloaded chipest drivers,updated video card drivers and found no updated mouse drivers, nothing helped.should I try an older cuemix release.
What MOTU hardware are you using?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
ilya_rocket

Post by ilya_rocket »

Have same issue on Windows 7 SP1, PCIe-424, HD192. When start Cuemix it loads CPU at around 25-30%. Program interface seems to unresponsive, trims are unusable and standing on -12db. Using latest driver pack from motu.com
Also I experience strange bug. When recording session in Ableton live from HD192 inputs it stops suddenly. Doesn't matter if I record 2 channels or more. Sometimes files impossible to save, seems like problems with sync or so.