Audio express problems...is it me or...?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
FlameOneMusic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by FlameOneMusic »

Hi everybody,

I hope to finally find a solution in writing here.
I've tried to write to technical support without any answer.

I've bought my audio express some weeks ago.
I did everything in the correct way as the manual teach you to do.
I've update the firmware and downloaded the latest driver.

OK,
Im using a Pc (windows) 64 bit and Cubase (64 bit)
Even my pc is pretty new and good.
Quad core processor 1,74 Ghz 8 Gb ram etc...

Briefly my problems are two ;

One time on two , in the loading page of my DAW appear a window telling me that the drivers require more memory.....( ???)
So I have to close it and open it again.
Sometimes It seems to works well but when I start workin' I realize that the sound is not coming out and the led on output 4 is on usually.
The same,I reboot the daw and it goes ok.

Till here I rebooted two times....
The worst thing is while I'm working suddenly the sound stop and a really annoying beep begin to come out from the speakers or the headphones.....

Really,I don't know what I should do.

I hope you can tell me where I'm doing wrong to understand better.

Thank you everybody.

Peace
FlameOneMusic

Re: Audio express problems...is it me or...?

Post by FlameOneMusic »

Still nobody who can give me any advice?
frankf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by frankf »

This is not going to help, but at least you'll know someone has replied! I'm using and Audio Express as a backup interface on an iMac with DP 7.24 without problems (FireWire). Actually I've been using it as my main interface since my MIO ULN 2d went down and I'm in Brazil and won't be able to get it repaired until I return to the US in December. The Audio Express has been working flawlessly full time.
Can you get to a Mac and see if it will work?
Frank
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
FlameOneMusic

Post by FlameOneMusic »

First of all thank you for answering.
I will try to use with a Mac and see if anything will change.
Thank you again
j_e_f

Post by j_e_f »

So then it's just that one program (DAW) giving you trouble? What kind of driver is it using (ASIO, WDM, DirectX/DirectSound, legacy MME)?

P.S. Do not run Audio Console and check that box about wave support for legacy programs. MOTU should remove that. It was a bad idea/implementation.
FlameOneMusic

Post by FlameOneMusic »

It's not only cubase giving me troubles, but I use my motu basically when I run it so I don't really care about the other things.
Cubase use Asio drivers.

Till now nothing change.
Thank you again for posting a reply.
Mr Fossy

Post by Mr Fossy »

Hi FlameOneMusic

I've also had similar problems with the Audio Express. I use it with AudioMulch and Ableton Live, and experience frequent audio cut-outs, or otherwise pops and other audio artifacts. It's even more pronounced when I play my bass through it. Worse still, some of these audio cut-outs have preceded Windows crashing altogether (Windows 7 64-bit).

In my case, it's not a hardware fault - the sound is fine in all inputs when I use the AE as a standalone mixer.

However, when I use it as an ASIO device...

So no, you're not alone :)

I figure there could be any number of causes, so if I stumble upon anything that works I'll post it here.

Cheers!
langfo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by langfo »

I am having the same problem on i7 Quad Core with Windows 8.1 64 bit. I open CueMix and receive dialog error "No MOTU Audio Devices that support CueMix found". When I open MOTU SMPTE I receive the error dialog "The MOTU driver requires more memory Driver file Error 13 DriverHoster.cpp 870". I have re-installed several times. Nothing works!!

It works on Mac without a problem.

On the same laptop running Windows 7, MOTU worked. Since upgrade MOTU doesn't work even with latest MOTU drivers.
torrentg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by torrentg »

This is not a big deal. It's probably related to some piece of crap antivirus.

So, uninstall completely (do not just disable as it cannot help) any 3rd party antivirus. Install MSE to replace it.

If you or anyone else still needs help, type msinfo32 in the Start menu or screen. File | save on the opened screen. Upload the saved file somewhere and post a link for me. Then for sure we will fix things up well.