CUEMIX FX Tuner!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
elijahlucian
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

CUEMIX FX Tuner!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

Post by elijahlucian »

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! Finding a good digital tuner is SO HARD!!!!! THANK YOU !

motu U ROCK
FutureLegends
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: CUEMIX FX Tuner!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

Post by FutureLegends »

Yeah it's good.
Funny thing is, just 2 days before it was released I wrote MOTU to request a CueMix tuner. I was amazed at the speed they acted to my suggestion ;-)
Hackintosh 6-Core 3.7ghz/32gb ram, macOS Mojave
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
Software: DP8 | FCPX | Logic Pro X | Play
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings
Masa

Post by Masa »

OK... dumb question. Where is it?!

I have been using Cuemix for a while now and seen the Phase tool, the oscilloscope and whatever the other thing is but I didn't even know this tuner existed!

As far as I can tell I have the current version (1.0.6). Anyone able to clue me in on what I'm missing? Thanks.
FutureLegends

Post by FutureLegends »

It's under the 'DEVICES' menu.
Current version is 1.6 (my 828mk3's firmware is 1.06 though, I believe) and available from the downloads section on motu.com.
Hackintosh 6-Core 3.7ghz/32gb ram, macOS Mojave
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
Software: DP8 | FCPX | Logic Pro X | Play
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings
Masa

Post by Masa »

Thanks... I could have sworn I updated it but in fact that was just the firmware update you mentioned. All set now.

Incidentally (just so I can feel like I'm contributing SOMETHING here) one excellent use I've found for this already: I put it up on a particularly ringy snare which otherwise sounded good - it immediately told me exactly which frequency to notch out with no guesswork and allowed me narrow the Q enough to leave the rest of the tone basically unchanged.
Xaser
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Xaser »

I know this thread is years old but I couldn't be bothered to create a new one just to say this:

Why do I get the feeling they haven't thought this quite through? As Inputs (MOTU Track 16 haven't tried it on my Audio Express yet) you can either select Mic1 and / or Mic2. Well.. how about the two guitar inputs, durr :D?
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Can't you attenuate or use a direct box?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Xaser
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Xaser »

I could. I could also use the tuner of my DAW, what I'm doing now. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't be a big deal for MOTU to add the two more channels to the Tuner, and I'm sure they will (soon).