"blue screen" error with my motu 828mkii FW

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
BruceBanner
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

"blue screen" error with my motu 828mkii FW

Post by BruceBanner »

here is the short version:
Laptop = Windows 7 64-bit with expresscard firewire card with TI chip.
Motu = 828mkII firewire.
drivers are the latest from motu.com

here is longer, more polite version:

hey everybody, I was wondering if anyone might know a solution to my horrible problem. I just bought a new laptop for mobile recording. I called motu first to be sure what I got would work with one of my studio's old 828 mkII firwire units (we use a 24io now).

I am running windows 7 64bit and my connection is via an express card with the TI chip that motu told me I would need.

Every time I connect the 828 to the laptop it instantly blue screens. It doesn't matter if I plug it in first or turn it on first or plug it in then start the computer. As soon as it sees the 828 it blue screens. I have downloaded the newest drivers from the motu site, and made a "tech note" (which after a week has still not been read).

I am hoping someone here can help me out. I need to get this up and running soon so I can use it on a few upcoming projects.

Thanks.
torrentg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: "blue screen" error with my motu 828mkii FW

Post by torrentg »

Hi.

Please stop by our forum as I am an expert in analyzing crash dumps. I'm TorrentG and a moderator there at http://www.windows7forums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will look over your system and tell you things needed to be done. MOTU has fixed all the bsod issues with the fw drivers. I'll be able to see what's going on and if in fact, there is still an issue needed to be looked at by MOTU.

You can post your crash dumps while making a new thread in the bsod section. To do so, copy the files in C:\Windows\Minidump to any other folder. Then zip them. Then attach the zip to a post while making the new thread.

Hope to see ya there.

-TG