Motu 828 MK2 Firewire and driver 4.0.4.2546 problems

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
sbartol
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Motu 828 MK2 Firewire and driver 4.0.4.2546 problems

Post by sbartol »

Please somebody help me, I got i7 870 and my Motu 828 MK2 Firewire doesn`t work with the driver 4.0.4.2546 in Windows 7 , cue mix return to zero after two seconds and there is no sound, my system see all the channels but nothing is working. Also Ableton see all channels and drivers but no sound,every setting goes to zero after 2 seconds....
1nput0utput
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Motu 828 MK2 Firewire and driver 4.0.4.2546 problems

Post by 1nput0utput »

My 828mkII is working well with the new driver version. Did yours ever work with this computer, perhaps with an older driver version?
The leading cause of wrong answers is asking the wrong questions.
sbartol
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by sbartol »

I was fixed the problem. This is the problem in IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers which must be updated to 1394 OHCI Compilant Host Controller (Legacy) driver and my Motu is working now good. The same problem like with Firewire hard drives and everything on the same bus.
Very good driver and no problem at all for now!
INSUB
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by INSUB »

I had a lot of problems with this in Vista32. Mostly b/c I did not uninstall the previous drivers. When I finally got it straightened out, by manually deleting all traces I could find of anything MOTU, the install worked fine. Although, I never could get the old installer removed from the Programs and Features list.

However, latency was totally destroyed. I've since gone back to WinXP Pro SP3 32bit w/the old driver that I never had a problem with in the 1st place (3.6.8.1394 which I have a link to in the sticky). Buffer setting needed to be 1024 w/new driver in Vista and would still get pops. Buffer set at 128 in XP on old driver never caused a single hiccup.

The Vista foray was only b/c a friend told me that Vista (which was pre-installed on my machine on another HD) was a lot better now that SP2 was out. So I thought I'd give Vista another chance after 3yrs of having the PC using WinXP. Uh... not with my old hardware & programs.

I don't think I'll be trying the new driver in XP. My current setup works great. When I get a new system, I will not try to migrate my recording setup. I will do so only if the current setup breaks & I cannot fix it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
MOTU 828mkII, MOTU 8PRE, Cubase Elements 7, Win7 64bit, Yamaha Motif ES8, Virus TI, Casio Privia PX-350M.