Cuemix won't open- "An Undefined Error has Occured"

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
dustplanks
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Cuemix won't open- "An Undefined Error has Occured"

Post by dustplanks »

I've been using the Motu Ultralite MKIII since Oct. 2008. Aside from the usual pops/squeals when connected to wireless, I haven't had too many problems. I (unfortunately) installed the latest drivers a few weeks ago. Disregarding the channel mapping mixups, the driver was working relatively fine. However, just a few days ago I tried to open Cuemix only to receive the windows error message "An Undefined Error has Occured." Cuemix won't open. All of my original settings are still loaded on the Motu and can be edited through the hardware. Audio output still works. I just can't get into the software interface of Cuemix. I've tried uninstalling/rolling back to older drivers. No luck, same error.

Any thoughts would be extremely helpful. I'm using a Dell E6500 with XP 32 bit.

Thanks!
JVonD
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Cuemix won't open- "An Undefined Error has Occured"

Post by JVonD »

The problem is that the config file got corrupted.
Delete this file - User\Local\Motu\CueMixFX\CueMixConfigurations.xml

You may be able to restore it via the backup file located User\Local\Motu\CueMixFX\CueMixConfigurations-backup.xml
Locate that file, copy and paste it into a different folder and rename it to "CueMixConfigurations.xml" and cut and paste that new file back into the other folder. Should work!

To bad Motu never got back to you. That's super lame! :banghead:
Hope it helps ppl out there.