NEW STICKY FOR DRIVER DOWNLOADS!!

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
nickonbass
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: NEW STICKY FOR DRIVER DOWNLOADS!!

Post by nickonbass »

terrybritton wrote:For the 828 Mk II Firewire, get it from this page:

http://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/driverlog

Here is the direct download link for the most recent version of the driver for Windows Vista.

http://cdn-data.motu.com/downloads/audi ... _66814.zip

Terry
Many thanks Terry, have a great weekend :)
KilgoreTrout

Post by KilgoreTrout »

Bump in hopes of finding the x64 vista drivers for the MTP AV Parallel
hreggi89

Post by hreggi89 »

I just decided to drop by since I've been having problems with my Ultralite mk3 running over USB on the latest Windows 10 (not working at all on my Desktop, running the mk1 there for now) and I noticed that the MOTU Windows Audio driver hasn't been updated since Oktober 2015. Anyone else experienced a problem like this?
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

hreggi89 wrote:I just decided to drop by since I've been having problems with my Ultralite mk3 running over USB on the latest Windows 10 (not working at all on my Desktop, running the mk1 there for now) and I noticed that the MOTU Windows Audio driver hasn't been updated since Oktober 2015. Anyone else experienced a problem like this?
I have the latest Win 10 update and my Ultralite mk3 hybrid is working fine - used it to record a show just today. So is the 828 mk3 hybrid, using the same driver in the main studio computer.

Do you know how to perform a system reset on that? Unplug from the computer, hit the top-right knob/switch three times till it shows "LCD Contrast", turn it till reset appears, then hit the lower-right button twice. Save your current config before doing this so you can re-apply it via Cuemix.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
pepe44

Post by pepe44 »

hreggi89 wrote:I just decided to drop by since I've been having problems with my Ultralite mk3 running over USB on the latest Windows 10 (not working at all on my Desktop, running the mk1 there for now) and I noticed that the MOTU Windows Audio driver hasn't been updated since Oktober 2015. Anyone else experienced a problem like this?
It has been the most painful audio interface to work on windows for me oa all times! Love the sound but the Driver is terrible!

I bought a second hand Behringer ucm 404hd, driver is flawless! Rock Solid...even in 192KHz...for a 100 Euros audio interface....sound is much worst than MOTU . Please MOTU...fix windows drivers for Hybrid MK3 please...
thewonders

Post by thewonders »

Reading through this thread I see that some folks are having issues with MOTU drivers on Windows. I am using Windows 8.1 with the MOTU 828 mk3 Hybrid and I seem to have occasional audio issues (distortion, dropouts) that I haven't been able to pinpoint yet. I'm using the 4.0.6.6814 drivers from the MOTU website - does anyone have any recommendations for a different driver to try out?
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

rubenandthejettz wrote:Reading through this thread I see that some folks are having issues with MOTU drivers on Windows. I am using Windows 8.1 with the MOTU 828 mk3 Hybrid and I seem to have occasional audio issues (distortion, dropouts) that I haven't been able to pinpoint yet. I'm using the 4.0.6.6814 drivers from the MOTU website - does anyone have any recommendations for a different driver to try out?
What has worked for me was DISABLING a driver that comes with the 828 mk3 hybrid (and UltraLite mk3 hybrid, etc.) In Device Manager, disable MOTU Audio Wave for 64 Bit and it will stop glitching your box out every time Windows throws a different sample rate in its direction. (Which it seems nothing can prevent...)

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Rick Cornish »

For anyone using a Personus FaderPort Classic (i.e. not the new one they introduced a month or two ago, but the original beige box), there is now a firmware update available from v1.00 to v1.45. I had some trouble with this, so I thought I'd share for anyone affected:

1. The update must be done through Presonus's Universal Control app, which is installed automatically with the latest drivers (from https://www.presonus.com/products/Fader ... /downloads).
2. The update must be done through a USB 2.0 port. My 2013 Mac Pro has both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 busses, but my new MacBook Pro does not. Presonus support says, for people who have newer machines and want to do the update, they'll need to find an older machine to do the update through. :roll:
3. The firmware update is only needed for people using Avid ProTools. I never got it working and FaderPort is working fine with DP 9.5 and High Sierra. Presonus said not to bother updating if I never use ProTools.

There ya' go.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
thewonders

Post by thewonders »

terrybritton wrote:
rubenandthejettz wrote:Reading through this thread I see that some folks are having issues with MOTU drivers on Windows. I am using Windows 8.1 with the MOTU 828 mk3 Hybrid and I seem to have occasional audio issues (distortion, dropouts) that I haven't been able to pinpoint yet. I'm using the 4.0.6.6814 drivers from the MOTU website - does anyone have any recommendations for a different driver to try out?
What has worked for me was DISABLING a driver that comes with the 828 mk3 hybrid (and UltraLite mk3 hybrid, etc.) In Device Manager, disable MOTU Audio Wave for 64 Bit and it will stop glitching your box out every time Windows throws a different sample rate in its direction. (Which it seems nothing can prevent...)
Terry
I haven't tried this yet - the 828 hasn't been acting up lately - but I will keep this in mind for later. Thanks Terry. (Did I see you on the Samp forum?)
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

rubenandthejettz wrote:Thanks Terry. (Did I see you on the Samp forum?)
Yes, I'm quite a regular over there. :-)

Terry
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

____RAGE____

Post by ____RAGE____ »

Does anyone know why this link won't work?
It's telling me 'access denied'.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/motu/downloads/firewire/64fw-3.6.8.1410.zip
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

I can't believe it.

After 6 (*six*) years MOTU releases update drivers for the UltraLITE Mk3 Hybrid (4.0.8.9606) to "improve Windows 11 compatibility" and they STILL glitch with Ryzen based computers (Threadripper 2950x) in USB. A problem that has been reported several times by several persons.

And yes, it's the drivers.
I tried my computer with an axx cheap Scarlett interface and it works flawlessy.

In SIX years MOTU hasn't been able to fix its drivers while every single competitor, from Behringer to Focusrite did.
I really don't know how MOTU can think to be taken seriously.
This is a joke. A bad one.
piangio

Post by piangio »

Here the MOTU Pro Audio Installer (90067) and Windows 11 build (KB5012592) produces NO SOUND on Motu AVB 8M and breaks ASIO Driver under USB. Apparently, there are no issues in device manager (even the volume meters in System/Audio/MOTU ProAudio work well). No sign of life showing on the 8M.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Best,
Antonio
piangio

Post by piangio »

Problem Solved!!!
The PC needed a motherboard firmware update.
Everything is now working!!!
Bye!
:roll:
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

piangio wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:46 am Problem Solved!!!
The PC needed a motherboard firmware update.
Everything is now working!!!
Bye!
:roll:
Glad you got it sorted! Thanks for letting us know.