828 MKII USB,pops,squeals WORKAROUND-READ ENTIRE THREAD!

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
capsize
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: 828 MKII USB,pops,squeals WORKAROUND-READ ENTIRE THREAD!

Post by capsize »

I was a big fan of Sonar until recently -- X1 is so sloooooow.

Ive since moved to Reaper and Ive never been happier -- so much lighter, much more responsive, much more intuitive, MUCH cheaper to actually own.

http://reaper.fm
rhythm_kitchen
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by rhythm_kitchen »

Your HD intel graphics he means solved the problem. Not the W-7 microsoft generic driver. I'm running my 512 MBs dual ATI off it as many are running PTs - 9. I haven't tested the S-Video on it yet however.

Sorry about my confusion over not reading the OP's post clearly.
Last edited by rhythm_kitchen on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
rhythm_kitchen
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by rhythm_kitchen »

I still think every DAW user on an Antec P-183, Sonata, Sonata II, CoolerMaster should unplug 1394 and USB front cables at MOBO sockets. Leave eSATA hot.

ACPI battery controller must be disabled too on laptops.

Also anyone who downs ICHO9 or ICHO10 from Intel it will replace the USB hub, PCI, PCIe drivers and IDE/SATA controller. My ATI card became an nVidea after the reboot. After a reinstall of XP pro then found the correct ASUS updater, not from Intel's website. There was the correct Quad Core Intel chipset updater (search this online at Intel for your Intel Chipset) but that is it... it came packaged in the updater from ASUS.

XP Pro x86 MIDI hell. Update to W-7.

And I run on W-7 pro x64 (many Pro Tools 9 users also) the generic MS Windows Graphics driver not the ATI driver or whatever... the less the better 256 or 512 MBs. No problems with resolution on a pair of eMachine LCD 21.5 inch monitors. Haven't tested S-Video but imagine it mirrors one monitor... this may be the only downside (but so far I haven't needed it).

http://www.granitedigital.com http://www.kimber.com
Alazarin
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Alazarin »

I've been experiencing audio dropout issues with my 828 MK2 [USB version]. Here's the background:

My main studio computer [Q6600, Asus P5k mobo, 8GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia GT440, Cubase 6.5, Win7 Ultimate 64-bit] worked just fine with my 828 MK2 until I upgraded my grafix card to a Radeon HD 5770. Nice grafix card but it caused audio dropouts on the 828. As soon as I put the GT440 back in everything was fine.

I built up a new computer using the Radeon HD 5770, AMD Phenom II 955, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, Win7 64-bit, but it had such serious issues with the 828 that I was forced to go back to the Q6600 machine and dismantle the AMD-based machine to sell for parts.

I bought a laptop [Vostro 1700] for live work. It has such serious audio dropout issues that it is unusable. Not just dropouts, but the familiar pops & clicks as well as walls of white noise and horrendous MIDI glitches with hanging notes that can only be killed by rebooting everything. This happens approximately every 10 bars in pieces of music so that setup is unusable. My previous laptop, a Dell Inspiron 6400 worked perfectly and never had any issues.

Strangely the Vostro + MOTU 828 combo worked fine last year. This year it glitches on the starting blocks. FWIW, I tested my setup with all the default settings. I did try disabling power-saving on the USB ports but that made no difference.

So.... the big question: How do I fix it without spending money that I don't have? Helpful suggestions are welcome. I have 3 weeks to prep my gigging setup and the only thing remaining is to iron out the laptop problem.
javiperera
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by javiperera »

Hi everybody!

I purchased a second-hand MOTU 828 MKII USB, and my laptop is a Dell Inspiron with 4 USB 3.0 conections. I've installed the drivers, but when I run my DAW (in my case, Sequoia 12) the blue screen appears when I select the MOTU Asio Driver, just like this (video link):

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6E7Pc_ ... edit?pli=1

I tried to change the USB cable, delete and re-install drivers, change the USB port, but anything works.

Why does it happen? Anybody have the exactly same problem as me?

Thanks in advance.
RayReach
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by RayReach »

I am trying to get my MOTU 828mkII up and running. I am running Pro Tools 11 under Windows 7. Which driver(s) do I need to download and install?

Thanks ahead of time.

Ray Reach