Cannot Activate Ethno 2

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's Ethno virtual instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

AsensoryMusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Cannot Activate Ethno 2

Post by AsensoryMusic »

Greetings,

As I get my DAW and accompanying plugins set up after a long break, I encountered trouble re-activating Ethno2. I bought the software from Sweetwater back in 2010. I have the iLok, but after getting access into it, its empty. What's funny is that I had to use it to get Ethno to launch, but now the key is empty of any serial numbers.

I cannot find my manual/box/etc. with the serial number (or license code) or this problem would not exist. the only thing I have is the email receipt from Sweetwater, with my name, address (same one as now), last 4 digits of the cc used, selling price, etc. I've been back and forth with MOTU and iLok trying to get somewhere, but as you could probably guess, I'm getting the runaround to some degree.

iLok says if the code is in the key device, I'm good, but its not. So I told this to MOTU, who says if the device is broken, get a new one from iLok, but its not broken, it works fine, there's just no code in it.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Any way I can salvage a nearly $400 investment?
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Cannot Activate Ethno 2

Post by mikehalloran »

Have you downloaded the new iLok license manager? They don't work nowadays without doing so.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro