Stretch 2 in Cubase 5

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's Ethno virtual instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

TrevorG
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Stretch 2 in Cubase 5

Post by TrevorG »

Hi. I'm a newbie that came in on Ethno2 so excuse me if I'm behind on all the Ethno1 gossip. :D

I LOVE Ethno 2 and have just had a job scoring a Spanish documentary come in so I think it's fate I happened to buy it when I did.

As yet I only have one issue which is the "stretch 2" button. Everything else works fine but when I click on that, the audio drops out completely. I have to open the browser and re click to get it back. This is not happening in stand alone situ so I'm assuming it's something in Cubase.

Any ideas?
I7 950@ 2.67GHz, 3GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM, Asus P6T, Konnekt 24D, Cubase 5.5, Win XP, Midex 8, Reaktor, Motu Ethno Instrument 2, Halion Orchestra, Stylus RMX, BFD 2, Groove Agent, Voxengo, Quantum FX, Roland SBD-6, Evolution UC-33, Korg M1, Zebra, Rodes and Neumann mikes, T.C Electronic M1, T.C. Finalizer, Ivory Series Compressor, Roland Super JV1080, SPL Vitalizer, Spector XL5(U.S.), Washburn fretless acoustic 5, Overwater fretless, Parker Fly. Dynaudio BM6s. .
carrythebanner
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Stretch 2 in Cubase 5

Post by carrythebanner »

Are you running with a small buffer size? Stretch 2 sounds good, but it's definitely CPU heavy. Try bumping up the buffer size as a test.
"I don't see any method at all, sir."
TrevorG

Post by TrevorG »

carrythebanner wrote:Are you running with a small buffer size? Stretch 2 sounds good, but it's definitely CPU heavy. Try bumping up the buffer size as a test.

Pushed the buffer to the max...no dice. Even tried adjusting the algorithms for the host's time stretch...joy.

Now I've discovered the search window won't accept any typing!! Still love it but it's a bit of a shame.
I7 950@ 2.67GHz, 3GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM, Asus P6T, Konnekt 24D, Cubase 5.5, Win XP, Midex 8, Reaktor, Motu Ethno Instrument 2, Halion Orchestra, Stylus RMX, BFD 2, Groove Agent, Voxengo, Quantum FX, Roland SBD-6, Evolution UC-33, Korg M1, Zebra, Rodes and Neumann mikes, T.C Electronic M1, T.C. Finalizer, Ivory Series Compressor, Roland Super JV1080, SPL Vitalizer, Spector XL5(U.S.), Washburn fretless acoustic 5, Overwater fretless, Parker Fly. Dynaudio BM6s. .
carrythebanner
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by carrythebanner »

Are you triggering the loop via MIDI, or using auto-play? If auto-play, only loops in Slice mode will auto-play; if using Sample, Stretch 1, or Stretch 2, you have to trigger the loop with a MIDI note.
"I don't see any method at all, sir."
TrevorG

Post by TrevorG »

carrythebanner wrote:Are you triggering the loop via MIDI, or using auto-play? If auto-play, only loops in Slice mode will auto-play; if using Sample, Stretch 1, or Stretch 2, you have to trigger the loop with a MIDI note.

MIDI, I'm afraid(I tend to read the manual these days).