Ethno Blank Install CD

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's Ethno virtual instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

pbass
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Ethno Blank Install CD

Post by pbass »

Hi,
Pardon me if this has been covered elsewhere, but I'm in a bit of a panic--I had Ethno 2 rush shipped to me today from audiomidi.com(Fri) to use on a project over the weekend (I know, I know . . .) and lo and behold the installer CD is BLANK!!! I looked for a downloadable installer and they are all updates that require a previously installed version (which I don't have).

Does anyone have a downloadable installer for Ethno Inst?

I went ahead and ordered ANOTHER packaged Ethno 2 which will arrive here on Monday (I will return the bad one to audiomidi.com) just to hedge my bets that the new one isn't blank--maybe I can salvage some of my project that way. I also of course will be screaming at MOTU on the phone bright and early Monday morning, but that does me no good for what I had planned for the next two days . . .

I sure hope I'm the only one who encountered this--it's ridiculous.
newrigel

Re: Ethno Blank Install CD

Post by newrigel »

Yeah, there's one here: http://www.timetocallmotu.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rodger1811
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by rodger1811 »

Yep, that actually happened to me as well. MOTU took care of it right away so give them a call and I'm sure they'll take care of you as well.
Mid 2012 Mac Pro 12 Core 2.4GHz, 24G RAM, OSX 10.8.2, DP 8.01
4x2 TB Hard Drives
APOGEE Symphony
MOTU 2408 mk3
MOTU HD192/Black Lion Modified
MOTU 24I/Ox2
MOTU MIDI Timepiece
Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad x 2
Universal Audio (Entire Plugin Library)
Waves Mercury+ Studio Classics
Tons of other goodies; to many to mention here
pbass

Post by pbass »

Thanks Guys,
newrigel, that link seems to be no longer active(?)

I'm going to struggle through with what I've got for this project this weekend (Mid East sounds is what I need) but it ain't gonna be fun--I have a couple other products but they are very limited in scope and my client has already heard pretty much everything I can pull off with them!
I've been doing this for a while and I certainly know one shouldn't necessarily expect to get a new piece of software and hit the ground running that day without the occasional hiccup, but it's never been because the installer disc was blank! That's a new one on me. The fact that it appears to be somewhat common, and MOTU keeps shipping blank discs just makes my brain hurt--I mean . .What the heck?!
pbass

Post by pbass »

Well Guys, I just thought you might find this amusing: the second packaged one I ordered got here today and guess what? The installer CD is also BLANK! Holy Cow, what gives with these people?
MOTU is sending me a disc--I will in theory be able to actually install this thing no less than 5 days after opening the box. I sure hope they check the one they're sending me.
I mean, I need these sounds, but I don't need THIS!!!!