Stolen registration!!!!

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's Ethno virtual instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

SF_Green
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Stolen registration!!!!

Post by SF_Green »

Just received my Ethno 2 upgrade from MOTU. I was very jazzed until I went to register. The registration page had been ripped out of the front of my manual!!! I ordered this directly from MOTU. Looks like they have a bad apple in their shipping barrel!!!!!

To add insult to injury, I'm in SF, so their technical support line is of course closed by the time I get home, so I have to wait until tomorrow to try to get this fixed.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 4800+
ASUS A8N-E, Win XPsp3, Win XPx64sp2
2x1Gb Corsair 3500LLPro DDR SDRAM
ATI Radeon 1800XL
RME FireFace 800, UAD-1e, UAD2-Quad
2 x SATA 320 Gb, 1 SATA 1.5 Tb
M-Audio BX-8 monitors, Alesis QS7.1, Alesis Control Pad
Sonar8.5 PE, Reason4, MOTU Ethno2, Dimension Pro, BFD2, Rapture, OmniSphere, Komplete6
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Stolen registration!!!!

Post by James Steele »

It may not be that sinister. I think they regularly take those out of upgrade packages, but then I'm not sure. It's also iLok protected, so you should have your license that way, not much somebody could do with your registration page. Oh wait... you're on Windows right? So you guys do/don't use iLok?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
SF_Green

Post by SF_Green »

Hi James,

I am on Windows (I use SonarPE 8.5) and I have my Ethno 1 registration on my iLok. I started Ethno 2 after install and it wanted a serial number for Ethno 2. If you uncheck the "use iLok" box and proceed, there is a challenge/response option. However, it's not a live web c/r, it just generates a file which you have to post via the MOTU support page. Hopefully, the folks at MOTU get back to my with the response tomorrow and I'll be on my way.
Cheers,
Bud
ATI Radeon 1800XL
Sonar8.5 PE, Reason4, MOTU Ethno2, Dimension Pro, BFD2, Rapture, OmniSphere, Komplete6
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I see. Well good luck with that. MOTU is usually pretty easy going with these things. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
SF_Green

Post by SF_Green »

James Steele wrote:I see. Well good luck with that. MOTU is usually pretty easy going with these things. :)
That's very good to hear!
Thanks
ATI Radeon 1800XL
scstock

Post by scstock »

Panic ye not - from Chapter 2, page 11, of the User Guide, under Please Register Your Software:

If you purchased an upgrade from earlier version of Ethno Instrument...You are already registered and no further action is necessary

Your serial number remains the same as your Ethno v1, hence MOTU remove the superfluous Registration Card page from the manuals in upgrade packages. Same happens with DP.
UK Distributor for MOTU
newrigel

Post by newrigel »

scstock wrote:Panic ye not - from Chapter 2, page 11, of the User Guide, under Please Register Your Software:

If you purchased an upgrade from earlier version of Ethno Instrument...You are already registered and no further action is necessary

Your serial number remains the same as your Ethno v1, hence MOTU remove the superfluous Registration Card page from the manuals in upgrade packages. Same happens with DP.
That's what I was thinking...