Ethno 2 is makin' me smile

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's Ethno virtual instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

gongbass
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Ethno 2 is makin' me smile

Post by gongbass »

I'm really happy with this version. I hated using the Mach 5 or UVI workaround and finally I can use the Ethno Interface again. Whats great is that projects that I had on hold because I forgot to freeze Ethno tracks before I updated to Snow Leopard, now open with Ethno 2 installed but with the with the samples I had selected in Ethno 1. Some of the edits I made are gone but it still saved me the work of trying to figure out what I had used before.

Great library too. As a film composer the Taiko drums are always a welcome edition and these are excellent. The micro tonal scale option is great too for travel film/show work. I'm really happy! I'm not even thinking of upgrading my OS next time until all my software and plugs are compatible. Like I've said in other posts I'm still not really sure what advantage Snow Leopard has over the previous OS anyway.
Mac Pro 3.2, 8 Core. Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Power Mac G5 Dual 2.0. (2) MOTU 2408 MK3's (BLA Mods) & 8 Pre. Motu Micro lite for MIDI (interface for Mac Pro) MOTU Ultralite MK3, Dp 7.2, Reason 4, Ethno 2, MX4, Symphonic Instrument, Mach 5 V2, Electric Keys, Ivory II Grand, Arturia CS-80V, Arturia Prophet V.2, PSP Vintage Warmer, Softube Trident A-Range EQ, IK Classik Reverb, Focusrite Liquid Mix, Peak LE

Affordable "E" Drum session work: gongbass@msn.com
hugy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Ethno 2 is makin' me smile

Post by hugy »

gongbass wrote:I'm really happy with this version. I hated using the Mach 5 or UVI workaround and finally I can use the Ethno Interface again. Whats great is that projects that I had on hold because I forgot to freeze Ethno tracks before I updated to Snow Leopard, now open with Ethno 2 installed but with the with the samples I had selected in Ethno 1. Some of the edits I made are gone but it still saved me the work of trying to figure out what I had used before.

Great library too. As a film composer the Taiko drums are always a welcome edition and these are excellent. The micro tonal scale option is great too for travel film/show work. I'm really happy! I'm not even thinking of upgrading my OS next time until all my software and plugs are compatible. Like I've said in other posts I'm still not really sure what advantage Snow Leopard has over the previous OS anyway.
Do you know what kind of edits you have lost ?

Thanks,
gongbass

Post by gongbass »

Just things like effects and oscillator tweaks.
Mac Pro 3.2, 8 Core. Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Power Mac G5 Dual 2.0. (2) MOTU 2408 MK3's (BLA Mods) & 8 Pre. Motu Micro lite for MIDI (interface for Mac Pro) MOTU Ultralite MK3, Dp 7.2, Reason 4, Ethno 2, MX4, Symphonic Instrument, Mach 5 V2, Electric Keys, Ivory II Grand, Arturia CS-80V, Arturia Prophet V.2, PSP Vintage Warmer, Softube Trident A-Range EQ, IK Classik Reverb, Focusrite Liquid Mix, Peak LE

Affordable "E" Drum session work: gongbass@msn.com
emankhan

Post by emankhan »

Or, does the update installer see your E1 and simply upgrade that?
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest chinese language and high quality learn a language.com gmat and lynn We provide updated www.sterling.edu with 100% pass guarantee along with Thomas Aquinas College