ETHNO 2 Installation Warning: Error in PDF!

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's Ethno virtual instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

ETHNO 2 Installation Warning: Error in PDF!

Post by James Steele »

Hi all... I got my copy of Ethno 2 today and did the install. I ran the installer and then copied soundbank DVD's to my audio drive since my startup drive is full, then made aliases of them, and placed them in the location Ethno wants to see them, and removed the " alias" from the end of the alias filename as you're supposed to.

Well, I still couldn't get it to work and then I discovered the problem. There's an error on Page 2 of the Ethno 2 Update Notes PDF file. Here's the section:

I put them in the that directory as instructed, and still it wouldn't work. I then launched Ethno 2 in standalone mode (and I think I attempted to open a Multi) and was greeted by this error message:

Notice something? In the error message, it does not include the /Sounds directory/folder!

I moved all my .ufs soundbank aliases up one level into the .../Ethno directory and deleted the now empty /Sounds directory and all is well! Just sharing this for those of you who are going to receive Ethno 2 in the coming days!!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
willheim

Re: ETHNO 2 Installation Warning: Error in PDF!

Post by willheim »

Well that's gonna save me some howling for sure. Thanks James.
mac pro 2.66 2010 8 core w 48 gig 1600 ddr, Mac OS 10.6.8, DP 7.21, the usual plugs and stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I did report this to MOTU so they may have corrected it by now. Just good to be aware of in case you get one of the first batch of upgrades.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

C'était quelque chose pour l'installation de BPM. Fixed in the current manual "paper-version" _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _