Songs for a Very Different Kind of Project

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
Todzilla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Songs for a Very Different Kind of Project

Post by Todzilla »

I am working on a DP based project, earmarking ALL proceeds from this project to charities that help developmentally disabled adults.

CAVEAT: The lyrics are very hard to understand. This is because the project features my developmentally disabled sister. She has Downs Syndrome and other accompanying cognitive issues. Nevertheless, she comes up with amazing verbal concepts that I am featuring on this project. If you can follow her words, they're pretty breathtaking. I am hoping to earmark ALL proceeds from this project to charities that help developmentally disabled adults.

I have a full ten tracks, but only three are approaching mix completion stage. Would love feedback.

Fantasy & Reality
If I Were President
Digital Noise

Thanks in Advance!
-Todzilla
Huge sound generation & capture facilities
On the banks of the River Eno
DP 8!!!, OSX 10.7.3, 15" MacBook Pro w 16G RAM 256G SSD & 630GHD, MOTU 896HD, MX4, Komplete 8, Apogee Symphony I/O, Neumann U-89, pair of Peluso P12s, Seventh Circle & Demeter preamps, Lava lamp, stuffed frog playing bongos
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Songs for a Very Different Kind of Project

Post by stubbsonic »

I love the concept. I wonder if lyrics could somehow be included in the media. At first, I was thinking YouTube, but that can be a bit like being thrown to the wolves, comment-wise.

If I Were President, with the chords, you have that Gm going to Ab, back the Gm, then G major at the end. The G major sounds like it's leading to someplace (like a Cm or Dm, or ?), but going right back to Gm feels a little awkward. Lyrically, it's kind of controversial, self-contradictory, and ... um... problematic. I wish I could be more supportive of this one, but it has problems. I think it could spark some useful conversations, but it could also devolve into some pretty intense arguments.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Todzilla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Songs for a Very Different Kind of Project

Post by Todzilla »

Thanks, stubbsonic!

I'm going to mainly sell it through old school CDs, with full libretto.

Yes, that song, If I Were President, has lots of weird resonance, especially given where we are now. The fantasy of amassing political power has been a long-standing theme of my sister's, so I felt I needed to do it, to give her voice a full, unedited outlet. I love the way she tears it up at the end.

And yeah, you're right that allowing comments on an online forum, would get ugly quick.
-Todzilla
Huge sound generation & capture facilities
On the banks of the River Eno
DP 8!!!, OSX 10.7.3, 15" MacBook Pro w 16G RAM 256G SSD & 630GHD, MOTU 896HD, MX4, Komplete 8, Apogee Symphony I/O, Neumann U-89, pair of Peluso P12s, Seventh Circle & Demeter preamps, Lava lamp, stuffed frog playing bongos