Pop ... I think ... track NEW, all dp

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
AsensoryMusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Pop ... I think ... track NEW, all dp

Post by AsensoryMusic »

So, anyway, quiet section ... here is another track. Not sure what to call the style, I think its pop, and should be paired with some lyrics (vocals). But, since I can't really write those or sing for that matter, it is what it is. Not experimental or out there, not really electronica, or even IDM.

Creative criticism welcome. Thanks for your time in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_x4bM ... sp=sharing
stubbsonic

Re: Pop ... I think ... track NEW, all dp

Post by stubbsonic »

Listening now. I like it. Nice sounds and a pleasing arc. Holds together. Not sure what to call it either. It has a few styles blended together. Nice work!!
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
menright

Post by menright »

NIce job! I like it, particularly when that sort of rhythmn guitar comes in during the second half and everything gets funky. What VIs are you using? Carefully modulated dynamic shifts and a relaxing vibe.

I don't know what to call it either; a soundtrack for an imaginary film?
MacBook Pro 17' 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB, DP9.1, MachFive3, Ethno2, Synthmaster, Waves, UVI, Ableton Live
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Nicely done! Movie soundtrack material is what immediately comes to mind, but I can imagine a melody sung by a sultry female voice in counterpoint to your main theme as well. Lot's of possibilities here.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
AsensoryMusic

Post by AsensoryMusic »

Thanks very much for the compliments. I also had the idea for female vocals ... sultry even better. I reached out to one such female I know but she is not responding with any interest. If any of you have contacts that cold lead to such a singer, let me know.