On the Road To Art Nouveau Music Video

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
pacificm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

On the Road To Art Nouveau Music Video

Post by pacificm »

This project started off different than most. For one thing, the “client” was my wife. She was headed off to Europe to do a research project for her work on art nouveau in Spain and France. She asked me to join her, do video and music, and create a short intro video for her presentations. I’ve always been interested in doing short format videos that can educate and have an entertainment element to them. So, here was an opportunity to give it a try. She shot the stills and I shot the video. While the shooting was going on, I had music themes going through my head. Once back in my studio, I began to create the music and piece things together in Digital Performer and Final Cut. It turned out to be an interesting road trip without a dull moment and most importantly, the “client” was pleased with the result. Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUMYnimt7sM
1) iMac (2020, 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel i7) OS X 10.15.7, 72 GB RAM
2) iMac Quad Core (Late 2015, 4GHz Intel Core i7) OS X 10.15.7, 32 GB RAM,
3) Mac Pro (Late 2013, 6.5 GHz 6 Core Intel Xeon E5) OS X 10.15.7, 64 GB RAM

Software: DP 10.13, FCPX, VSL Chamber Strings, Vienna Suite, Ensemble Pro 5, MIR Pro | Ivory | Stylus RMX, Trillian, Omnisphere 2 | Samplemodeling Trumpet, Flutes & Saxes | EZ Drummer 2 | BFD3 | East West | MOTU UltraLite Mk3
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: On the Road To Art Nouveau Music Video

Post by BKK-OZ »

Nicely done.

The music suits the visuals very well.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku