"Winter 2016" - DP 9, VEPro 5 & a bunch of VIs.

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
zuul-studios
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

"Winter 2016" - DP 9, VEPro 5 & a bunch of VIs.

Post by zuul-studios »

Hello -

To begin. . . I ain't a "Pro" like most who who visit this bulletin board. But, I do love making music (and I do hold a degree in "Film Composition" which I received over 33 years ago).

For the past few months, I've been digging into Digital Performer and "digging" it! During these past couple of months, I've created a number of templets offering different ways of managing band and orchestral instruments from various libraries. Although I've always been needing to use VSL's VEPro 5 to "house" the virtual instruments, I enjoy the tremendous power and control that DP 9 holds in managing and editing MIDI and audio information. Although no expert by any means, I am becoming more comfortable in using DP 9, and even have been taking advantage of some of its more "advanced" (to me) features, especially using it's V-Rack. Been doing LOTS of successful experimentation which should serve me well with future projects.

I do NOT normally share stuff here simply because I am NOT a professional like most of you. I am more of a regular "lurker" when I visit this bulletin board. . . and I learn and grow with the music-making. I decided to share this YouTube video which features a simple jazz-swing tune that I composed (off the top of my head) with the aim to put recent photos and videos of my winter vacation to the music. These photos and videos were taken this past month (January, 2016). It may not be on the "pro-level" as what you all can produce, but I am happy with the results.

Please. . . feel free to offer pointers on making it sound better. They will be seriously taken and appreciated for future projects.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Ted

(By the way, Zuul Studios was named after our dog, Zuul. Zuul was my wife's and my first pet that we had as a married couple, many moons ago. She was a wonderful "family member" who enjoyed lying next to me whenever I worked on music projects.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6AyrS6Rsrs
Last edited by zuul-studios on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Computer:
Apple's M2 Mac Studio with 96 RAM; macOS X 14.4.1; 1 Internal SSD, 8 External SSDs, MOTU 828es audio device, AKAI MPK88 Keyboard Controller

Software:
DP11.31, Logic Pro X, FCPX, DaVinci Resolve; VSL's Super Package, VEPro 7 & MIR Pro, VI Pro 2; Altiverb 8; Cinesample's CineSympnony Complete Bundle; Native-Instrument's Komplete 13 Ultimate Collectors Edition, and many more VIs.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: "Winter 2016" - DP 9, VEPro 5 & a bunch of VIs.

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Here's the link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6AyrS6Rsrs

Listening now...nice!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
zuul-studios

Re: "Winter 2016" - DP 9, VEPro 5 & a bunch of VIs.

Post by zuul-studios »

Thank you for the listen and kind words. Also, thank you for posting the link. (I finally figured out how to post a link to the YouTube video. It took me a while.)
Computer:
Apple's M2 Mac Studio with 96 RAM; macOS X 14.4.1; 1 Internal SSD, 8 External SSDs, MOTU 828es audio device, AKAI MPK88 Keyboard Controller

Software:
DP11.31, Logic Pro X, FCPX, DaVinci Resolve; VSL's Super Package, VEPro 7 & MIR Pro, VI Pro 2; Altiverb 8; Cinesample's CineSympnony Complete Bundle; Native-Instrument's Komplete 13 Ultimate Collectors Edition, and many more VIs.