Digital Performer Power User now on YouTube

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
Steve Steele
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Digital Performer Power User now on YouTube

Post by Steve Steele »

I've finally finished and uploaded my first "DP for power users" video. This one includes an intro mock up of Debussy's Le Martyre de Saint Sébastien ; La cour des lys. There's actually no tutorial in this first one. I wanted to start short and sweet. A trailer if you will.

My goal is to go menu by menu and describe every feature and function in DP. Not a workflow video as much as a "show off the beauty and power of DP" type video. There will also be other mockups and tips as I go.

Here's my first installment. Thoughts?

http://youtu.be/2kKKZUrVWxE

Steve

Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 128GBs Unified memory, 4TB SSD.
Interfaces: MOTU M2 and 8A (2.1 and 5.1 setups).
DAWs: Digital Performer 11, Logic Pro, Cubase 12 Pro, Studio One Pro.
Sample Libraries: Primary - VSL (all), Spitfire, (mostly all), and many others.
External Controllers: Metagrid Pro and Studio Logic SL|MIXFACE
Martini Hill

Re: Digital Performer Power User now on YouTube

Post by Martini Hill »

Love it Steven! Looking forward to the rest! Jeff

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
|l| OS X 10.8.5 ML |l| 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro-8GB RAM |l| DP 9.02 |l| VE Pro 5 |l|Motu MTP AV-#2 MIDI Express USB-#2 2408 Mk II |l| #2 Mackie 400f's |l| Peak Pro 7 |l| Waves 9.x |l| CLA Classic Compressors |l| MPX Master Tape |l| Vocal Rider |l| iZotope Stutter Edit |l| Omnisphere 2 |l| Mach5 2 |l| Sample Tank 2 |l| Sonik Synth 2 |l| Stylus RMX |l| VirHarmonic |l| Albion I |l| VE Pro 5 |l| Superior Drummer 2 |l| EZ Drummer |l| Drumcore 2.5 |l| Garritan Personal Orchestra |l| Many hardware synths.
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

It's going to be extremely confusing to a lot of people if you use that pro tools theme for the videos.

I would really recommend using the standard DP9 theme for such videos.
Steve Steele

Post by Steve Steele »

Robert Randolph wrote:It's going to be extremely confusing to a lot of people if you use that pro tools theme for the videos.

I would really recommend using the standard DP9 theme for such videos.
I plan on using many of the different themes. One of DP's biggest PR issues is its "fun" factor. Many consider it your father's DAW. My goal is to show its power, it's features and how fun it is to use.

When I'm doing a step by step tutorial I'll default back to the v8 grey or v9 dark grey but, in all my videos I've gone from default 8 to Non More Black (my default) and have got great feedback for using the latter theme.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 128GBs Unified memory, 4TB SSD.
Interfaces: MOTU M2 and 8A (2.1 and 5.1 setups).
DAWs: Digital Performer 11, Logic Pro, Cubase 12 Pro, Studio One Pro.
Sample Libraries: Primary - VSL (all), Spitfire, (mostly all), and many others.
External Controllers: Metagrid Pro and Studio Logic SL|MIXFACE
synergy543

Post by synergy543 »

Very cool Steve! I've enjoyed your video tutorials before and look forward to this new DP Power Series! Go for it!
Gregory D. Moore DP11.1, OSX 10.14.6 MacPro 2013 8-core, 64G RAM, too-many sample libraries, pencil, paper, coffee, and midnight oil.