New short (1:00) work 'Only My Breathing'

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

New short (1:00) work 'Only My Breathing'

Post by BKK-OZ »

Kinda scary, only for the brave...

(Click the image to launch the video)
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
wylie1

Re: New short (1:00) work 'Only My Breathing'

Post by wylie1 »

Cool I use to get migraines that's what it reminded me of.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

wylie1 wrote:Cool I use to get migraines that's what it reminded me of.
Ha - yeah, I suffer from migraines from time to time.
Glad you liked it (if 'like' is the right description) brother.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

I suffer from chronic migraines ever since getting meningitis back in 1998. It's the first thing I thought of when I saw your work. That's meant to be a compliment since I could actually relate to it in my own way.

Nice job, BKK.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

If thats what he was going after he nailed it.
BKK: did you do the animation?
Last edited by wylie1 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

It kind of made me think of what it is like when I do sitting meditation-- both the brown and the blue aspects.

But I guess that was the title that kind of suggested that for me.

It's very cool.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

wylie1 wrote:If thats what he was going after he nailed it.
BKK: did you do the animation?
Yep, I do it all - conceive, compose, animate, composite.

I'm a regular 1 man ILM.
:wink:

In terms of what it is about, for me, it is a reflection of a recurring dream/state of mind.
For you, it cam be whatever you want it to be.

I reckon that is one of the best things about art - once a work is public, it is up to each individual to figure out how they want to respond. I'm just grateful that you took the time to watch it, and most pleased that the work connects in some way.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku