New work: 'Hypnagocic Spirographia'

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

New work: 'Hypnagocic Spirographia'

Post by BKK-OZ »

You can watch (and download for free!) my newest work 'Hypnagogic Spirographia' on Vimeo.

This is a short work about the boundary between wakefulness and sleep - the state called 'Hypnagogia'.

It runs 3' 17" and all the audio was done with Digital Performer.

Here is a still:
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Phil O

Re: New work: 'Hypnagocic Spirographia'

Post by Phil O »

Nicely done, BK!
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
menright

Post by menright »

like the new stuff, BK, the audio especially. Love to see the installation in person!
MacBook Pro 17' 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB, DP9.1, MachFive3, Ethno2, Synthmaster, Waves, UVI, Ableton Live
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Phil and Mike, thanks for your kind words and taking the time to watch/listen, most appreciated.

I still have a ton of work to do before I am ready for the installation. I thought I would be able to mount it this year, but that isn't going to happen now. It's been hard to find anyone interested in hosting it.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku