some archaeology: Green Glass Beads

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
menright
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

some archaeology: Green Glass Beads

Post by menright »

Thought it might be fun to post this tune from around 2000. The lyric is taken from a children's poem by Harold Monro called "Overheard on a Salt Marsh". My wife joined me on vocals; she's a punk screamer from the East Village hardcore 80s (though you'd never know it from this).

I thought I got a pretty good bass sound on this from my Fender Coronado hollow-body; it's cherry red with two f-holes that used to give me some nasty feedback in clubs. Guitars all came from my old Strat run through a rack-mounted Marshall preamp. If I remember correctly, this was before there was much amp modeling in DP.

This was one of the first tunes I recorded entirely in the digital realm; up to this point I'd been using MIDI sync tracks on four and eight track Tascam machines. I don't miss those days one bit!

https://soundcloud.com/mike-enright/green-glass-beads

Hope you like!
Mike E
MacBook Pro 17' 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB, DP9.1, MachFive3, Ethno2, Synthmaster, Waves, UVI, Ableton Live
Taidef1972

Re: some archaeology: Green Glass Beads

Post by Taidef1972 »

menright wrote:Thought it might be fun to post this tune from around 2000. The lyric is taken from a children's poem by Harold Monro called "Overheard on a Salt Marsh". My wife joined me on vocals; she's a punk screamer from the East Village hardcore 80s (though you'd never know it from this).

I thought I got a pretty good bass sound on this from my Fender Coronado hollow-body; it's cherry red with two f-holes that used to give me some nasty feedback in clubs. Guitars all came from my old Strat run through a rack-mounted Marshall preamp. If I remember correctly, this was before there was much amp modeling in DP.

This was one of the first tunes I recorded entirely in the digital realm; up to this point I'd been using MIDI sync tracks on four and eight track Tascam machines. I don't miss those days one bit!

https://soundcloud.com/mike-enright/green-glass-beads

Hope you like!
Mike E
Mike is my favorite one.I am a regular listener of this work.
menright

Re: some archaeology: Green Glass Beads

Post by menright »

thanks Taidef! means a lot to me when anyone listens!
MacBook Pro 17' 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB, DP9.1, MachFive3, Ethno2, Synthmaster, Waves, UVI, Ableton Live