new piece: Not Today

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
menright
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

new piece: Not Today

Post by menright »

Recent DP8, MachFive 3, Synthmaster piece. Quiet, relaxed, the smallest wave lapping the Hudson shore late on a summer night. Video is FCPX.

To hear it: https://soundcloud.com/mike-enright/not-today

To see the video: https://vimeo.com/user11129690/nottoday

(for BKK, the Vimeo version)

ME
MacBook Pro 17' 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB, DP9.1, MachFive3, Ethno2, Synthmaster, Waves, UVI, Ableton Live
BKK-OZ

Re: new piece: Not Today

Post by BKK-OZ »

'bout time you got on Vimeo!

Who let you ride in the front of the train?
:) :)

Nice guitar playing in there.

I took the liberty of adding your video to a bunch of collections- you can change those by going into Settings>Collections (you can add a video to groups that you follow). This will help it get seen a bit more because it will show up in the feeds for anyone also following those groups.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
menright

Re: new piece: Not Today

Post by menright »

thanks, dude! I'll check out the Collections thingie; I've not used vimeo that much so I'm still finding my way around there.

though I am a guitar player (and proud owner of an old Strat), those riffs were entirely created in MachFive from an MF3 sample. I was fooling with the pitch-bend controller; makes it sound kinda real, right?
MacBook Pro 17' 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB, DP9.1, MachFive3, Ethno2, Synthmaster, Waves, UVI, Ableton Live