I posted a string piece…..

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
MikeInBoston
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

I posted a string piece…..

Post by MikeInBoston »

Hi all,

Just so that you don't get the impression that I'm some talentless troll (LOL), I posted on soundcloud a cheery string piece that I wrote for a class I'm taking. My tutor liked it. Of course, I did it in DP.

https://soundcloud.com/just-another-com ... ntry-dance

Please, I'd like your feedback. Thanks.

Mike
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: I posted a string piece…..

Post by BKK-OZ »

Definately not talentless - but for all I know you could still be a troll. :wink:

It is cheery - a bit short, but nicely executed.
I'm not really qualified to comment, so I will leave the critique to others.

Congrats.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
leigh
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by leigh »

Nice! I like hearing what people write. What libraries did you use?

Random thoughts:

Try orchestrating it for full orchestra. I hear brass and percussion. The opening theme for a symphony? You've got lots of material!

I could imagine writing a second contrasting section with a different melody and texture and a different dance rhythm and then bring this first one back with some variation (maybe some form of the second melody as a countermelody to the first and both dance rhythms happening simultaneously) in ABA' form.

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
MikeInBoston
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by MikeInBoston »

Hi guys,

Thanks for your thoughts. As it was an assignment for strings only, I was prevented from using brass, woodwinds, or percussion. Also, it was only supposed to be a minute or so long. I did consider an ABA format, but I had so much fun evolving the A section, that I never went further.

I used the Cinematic Strings library, which I really love. It's rich and warm, and it's the right price for a poor guy like me.

Thanks again.

Mike