Sunshine

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
davedempsey
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sunshine

Post by davedempsey »

Here's a cover of a classic Aussie pop/rock song from the seventies - Sunshine by the great New Zealand outfit Dragon. The original was a local major hit for them back in 1977 - this version is a more bluesy rock treatment.
I couldn't attend the studio sessions for this recording due to other work commitments. I was given a rough board mix of the initial session, without lead guitar parts or lead vocal, recorded the keyboard parts in DP at my own facility and exported audio files in the appropriate format for use in the mix session.
It didn't turn out too bad considering that various parts were constructed separately - almost all guitar was missing when I did the keyboard parts and the guitar parts were done absent the keyboard parts - in fact, I've never met the guitar player :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUtNW-gI_UU
Last edited by davedempsey on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying
BKK-OZ

Re: Sunshine

Post by BKK-OZ »

Sounds nice, suits our current weather.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Tesionman

Post by Tesionman »

Sounds damnnnn gooood!!!!
Get Real Live Drum Tracks @ http://www.hugoribeiro.com

Macbook Pro | DP 10.13 | Motu 8Pre (x2) | Apogee Duet 2
Sonor Drums | Sabian Cymbals | Remo Drumheads | Vater Drumsticks
davedempsey

Post by davedempsey »

Thanks guys - I had no control over the final sound - just layed down 4 stereo keyboard tracks at my studio using a rough guide and sent 'em off to the mix engineer :) - but it ended up sounding pretty good.... I like the guitar solo :)
Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying