From about 20 years ago...

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

From about 20 years ago...

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
BKK-OZ

Re: From about 20 years ago...

Post by BKK-OZ »

Cool.
Kind of a universal circle of life thing - the big and the little of it all.
Did you do the visuals too?

Parts of it reminded me of one of my heroes, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Fischinger
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I didn't do the visuals. Most of it is stock footage with a few scenes from a low budget horror movie the editor did. It was for a theater piece which had NOTHING to do with the video, but the director thought it did somehow. Crazy theater company (now out of business - no surprise). The budget for that show was (not kidding...) $150,000. For a 45 seat theater in a fairly low population town not near a big city, and 5 performances with seats at about $20 each. So they expected to loose about $145k initially with no plans for a subsequent run. What?! Add to that the director was completely inexperienced, all elements were commissioned (I didn't complain) and the cast were all amateurs.

Oh vanity, you innocent (and stupid) thing.

ps- the production was terrible!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Yea but you got a trippy film out of it.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro