The Earth's Hum - Demo

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

The Earth's Hum - Demo

Post by BKK-OZ »

I just put up another excerpt from a piece I have been working on lately - this chapter is called 'The Earth's Hum'. This chapter is 3:16 long.

If you want to pass a few minutes doing nothing particularly useful, go over here to Vimeo and check it out.

I had always thought I was the only one who had this crazy idea that the Earth 'hummed', that is, until just before I posted this video and I asked Mr Google if he had ever heard of the phrase 'The Earth's Hum'.

Apparently, there is a (growing?) cadre of people who share this idea with me. A lot of people report hearing a persistent hum, that some ascribe to power lines and similar urban sources. I don't think of the hum as a modern construct, I think that the Earth just hums and always has and I don't think it is a bad thing at all.

Many people find the hum drives them crazy. Maybe that's because they are hearing something different to me.

I'm already crazy, so the hum doesn't bother me at all, hopefully my short video won't bother you either.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
MIDI Life Crisis

The Earth's Hum - Demo

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

It was discovered a few years ago that the universe has a background sound, possibly an echo of the Big Bang. A low Bb something like 40 octaves below low Bb on a piano. Can't wait to hear BKK-OZ's version.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
BKK-OZ

Re: The Earth's Hum - Demo

Post by BKK-OZ »

Ha! Thanx for the thought MLC.

There's that persistent background, and then there are those damn voices I keep hearing...
:lol:

Actually, I probably shouldn't jest - some people do struggle with genuine psychological conditions, whereas I am just marchimg to the beat of a different orchestra!
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

No access to the video yet...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

There's always the ancient concept of Music of the Spheres.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musica_universalis
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:No access to the video yet...
hmmm... works for me https://vimeo.com/110966821
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

mikehalloran wrote:There's always the ancient concept of Music of the Spheres.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musica_universalis
Yeah, I have long been intrigued by that concept, ala' Holst and others, and whilst not wishing to sound religious (I know the rules James!) I have also been fascinated by Sufi cosmology - 'all existence is vibration'.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:It was discovered a few years ago that the universe has a background sound, possibly an echo of the Big Bang. A low Bb something like 40 octaves below low Bb on a piano. Can't wait to hear BKK-OZ's version.
Except its a radio hum.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

bayswater wrote:Except its a radio hum.
Ahem, a hum's a hum.

I hear them all.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku