Ethnic Prog Rock

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
jcp
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Ethnic Prog Rock

Post by jcp »

Hi everyone. I've just finished this video, my first in HD (1080p). Recorded entirely on DP8. This song is from my second album "Duality".

Here I performed several mexican ethnic percussions as well as mayan Hom-Pax and ocarinas and flutes, 5 different guitars, bass and keyboards. I also used Symphonic Choirs and Voices of Passion software.

Hope you like it.
Regards
jcp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YoZDa3xC6o
kshrieve

Re: Ethnic Prog Rock

Post by kshrieve »

Wow, Juan Carlos, that is really good, musically and visually. Excellent playing, composing, arranging and mixing. And I haven't come across a music video with that kind of mix of performance, screens of digital tools, and cultural imagery. Very well done!
MacBook Pro 2.7GHz i7 - 8G RAM - OSX 10.11.6 - DP 9.12 - MachFive 3.2.1 - EZdrummer 2 - Samson
Graphite 49 - Godin Freeway SA - Roland GR-20 synth pedal - NI Guitar Rig 5 and Kontrol pedal
jcp

Post by jcp »

kshrieve wrote:Wow, Juan Carlos, that is really good, musically and visually. Excellent playing, composing, arranging and mixing. And I haven't come across a music video with that kind of mix of performance, screens of digital tools, and cultural imagery. Very well done!

Thanks, shrive, I'm happy you liked it. Have a great day!
leigh

Post by leigh »

Very nice indeed! I really enjoyed seeing and hearing it. It also helped me associate some unfamiliar instruments with their sounds.

In addition, I liked the clips with Claudia Lluck. I liked her voice and the feel the clips had made me smile.

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
jcp

Post by jcp »

leigh wrote:Very nice indeed! I really enjoyed seeing and hearing it. It also helped me associate some unfamiliar instruments with their sounds.

In addition, I liked the clips with Claudia Lluck. I liked her voice and the feel the clips had made me smile.

**Leigh
Hi, Leigh, thanks for your feedback. I'm happy you liked it. Claudia is a great singer and friend, we have several projects in mind. Cheers from Mexico City.
stevenew

Post by stevenew »

Hi,

I really enjoyed this, great energy & dynamics, loved the video too, must have taken you a lot of time & takes putting that together. I loved the flutes, beautiful sound, very uplifting.

Very educational for someone like me whose knowledge of ethnic percussion instruments is a bit limited:-)

Good luck, I hope the album does well.

Steve
2018 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 16GB. External SSD Sample Drives. macOS Monterey 12.2. MOTU 624 & 8D. Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, DP 9.52, DSP Quattro 5. Arturia, Gforce, iZotope, NI, Plugin Alliance, Slate, SSD5, Soniccouture, Spectrasonics, Spitfire. Novation 61 SLMKII, JBL LSR 305, Sennheiser HD600, AKG 240MKII. PRS, Martin Guitars, Mensinger Bass. Vox & Orange amps. Line 6 Helix.
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

Great stuff - love all the combinations of instruments, , the song lifts you up, and the mix stays clean as well. Good job!!
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

Very nice.
What software did you use for video editing?
I'm about to start shooting and this will be a first for me I hoping to keep it simple.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
jcp

Post by jcp »

stevenew wrote:Hi,

I really enjoyed this, great energy & dynamics, loved the video too, must have taken you a lot of time & takes putting that together. I loved the flutes, beautiful sound, very uplifting.

Very educational for someone like me whose knowledge of ethnic percussion instruments is a bit limited:-)

Good luck, I hope the album does well.

Steve
Hi, Steve, thanks for your feedback. Yes , putting all together takes too much time, and patience, lol. Have a great day!
jcp

Post by jcp »

jlaudon wrote:Great stuff - love all the combinations of instruments, , the song lifts you up, and the mix stays clean as well. Good job!!
Hi, jlaudon. Thanks for your comment, am glad you liked it. Cheers!
jcp

Post by jcp »

wylie1 wrote:Very nice.
What software did you use for video editing?
I'm about to start shooting and this will be a first for me I hoping to keep it simple.
Hello, wylie1. Thanks fro watching it. I-m using Adobe Premiere Elements 12 for Mac. I made my filming with a Sony HDR-PJ230. Hope this is useful. Regards!
Tesionman

Post by Tesionman »

Fantastic job!!!! 8)

cheers
Get Real Live Drum Tracks @ http://www.hugoribeiro.com

Macbook Pro | DP 10.13 | Motu 8Pre (x2) | Apogee Duet 2
Sonor Drums | Sabian Cymbals | Remo Drumheads | Vater Drumsticks