Rock Ballad

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
crduval
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Rock Ballad

Post by crduval »

Hi;

I thought I would post a link to my most recent tune / mix. Feedback welcome. https://soundcloud.com/crduval/time-stands-still-mix2

Its a Rock ballad that I wrote with my band years ago. I was never quite happy with the chord progression in the original chorus, and recently I thought of a good solution, so I had to lay it down to see how it would have sounded :lol: .

I'm pretty happy with it - Tried lots of new editing and mix techniques and I'm pretty happy with the result. I may later remaster with Slate FG/X (I was just too lazy to render a 2 track and process in 32 bits to use that great tool…) - so I used the Slate VBC, MW Comp and MW Limiter on the master buss for now. DP8 was strong and stable as usual.

As I went through this mix, it struck me how much I continue to learn from this forum and other resources (In the lair anyone?), and how grateful I am that people are willing to share their knowledge and ideas.

PS - Tensionman, if this had been a paying gig, I would have reached out to you for drums! Maybe someday!

Enjoy!

Chris
M2 MacBook Air, DP11, MOTU MX-4, MOTU Mach5, EWQLSO Platinum, Acoustic Samples B5, UAD Waterfall Organ, EWQL Platinum Pianos, UVI Falcon, UAD-2 Duo, MOTU Ultralite mk5, K2600XS controller