A modern "classical" piece by Dallapiccola, done in DP8

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
jduesenb
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

A modern "classical" piece by Dallapiccola, done in DP8

Post by jduesenb »

This:

https://soundcloud.com/jduesenb/piccola ... urna-luigi

is a computer realization/orchestration of the 1954 composition, "Piccola Musica Notturna" by Luigi Dallapiccola. It is based on the original orchestral version, not on Dallapiccola's later small-ensemble arrangement.

The score was notated in Sibelius 7 on a Mac, then exported as a MIDI file into Digital Performer 8, where it was extensively edited for tempo, instrumentation, dynamics, etc. Instruments, virtual instruments and effects used in this recording included Korg KRONOS, Kontakt, MachFive, and AltiVerb.

This recording was produced with all due respect and admiration for Luigi Dallapiccola, and is intended to be a legitimate "performance" of the piece. If you don't like it, blame me, not Dallapiccola. -- John Duesenberry

(I thought I'd previously posted this link the other day, but my posting seems to have disappeared. Does the moderator object to it, and if so why?)
FMiguelez

Re: A modern "classical" piece by Dallapiccola, done in DP8

Post by FMiguelez »

jduesenb wrote:
(I thought I'd previously posted this link the other day, but my posting seems to have disappeared. Does the moderator object to it, and if so why?)
I don't think that was the case at all, John.
This is the right place to post one's work.

Looking forward to listening to your arrangement once I'm near a decent pair of speakers...

So far I'm really liking what I'm hearing, even if I'm with my laptop ATM.

Man, this kind of music must be so hard to program and make it sound like music. I guess we'll have to blame you if we do like it? 8)

Wow... the more the piece advances the more I like it! So far I think you did a great job, man. I can really concentrate on the music. Must've been a lot of work, yes?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Nice!
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
leigh

Post by leigh »

Very nice! And so is the Schoenberg!

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics