New Big Band CD mixed with DP8

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
rlcartwright
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

New Big Band CD mixed with DP8

Post by rlcartwright »

Hi All:

Just thought I'd post about the Big Band Jazz album I just finished that features Eric Marienthal, Dean Brown, Bernie Dressel, Gilbert Castellanos, Wayne Bergeron and Bill Cantos. I can't link to any entire tracks because I don't own them, but you can hear samples on iTunes by typing in "Ira Liss Big Band Jazz Machine" and selecting the "It's About Time" album. I used DP 8 with an Apollo Quad and a Metric Halo ULN-8 as interface. Plugs by UAD, Waves, PSP, and Metric Halo.

Best!

Robert Cartwright
perfectwavedigital.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: New Big Band CD mixed with DP8

Post by James Steele »

Cool! Or we could just post a link... :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/its-a ... d688183866
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
ronjams

Post by ronjams »

Just finished listening to the clips on Itunes Sounds Great although I would like a little more bass-not much though. The horns are front and center in this mix no doubt it's been a long while since I had to mix live horns. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this recording. Reminds me of the old days of getting exposed to jazz at the NAJE convention seeing and hearing freshman in high school sounding like pros and meeting cats like David Baker who actually showed me how to solo around suspension chords. A very exciting time in my life.
Mac Studio M1 Max DIGITAL PERFORMER1248/8pre ESFalcon/kontakt/Unify & A LOT MORE GEAR
bdr

Post by bdr »

Great band and great sounding album. Thanks for posting!
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
rlcartwright

Post by rlcartwright »

James Steele wrote: Cool! Or we could just post a link... :)
Oops...shoulda thought of that myself - thanks!