Crazy music video off my new album

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
Prime Mover
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Crazy music video off my new album

Post by Prime Mover »

Eel House - Snakeskin (music video)

Hello all! I thought people would get a kick out of this. It's a fun music video that I just finished producing with my band, Eel House, with an instrumental track off our new album, "Snakeskin". I've never really said much about the specifics of my work, since i tend to come here for general advice, but here's a taste of what comes from the fruit of all the insane questions and rants that I've posted over the years. My band released our debut album earlier this summer, but as a video guy, I really wanted to do a video.

I'll just say that, we wrote the credits to the album at about 3am and I hadn't slept for 2 days. I really wanted to throw out a "thanks to the guys at the MOTUNation forum for all your help"... but I was too delirious to remember! Just know that I continue to appreciate all the support you've given over the years!
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
Phil O

Re: Crazy music video off my new album

Post by Phil O »

Very nice! I thought the funniest part of the video was the trombone spit valve thing, but that's just my sick sense of humor. Sounds like a fun band to work with. Good stuff, dude. 8)

Phil

BTW, might want to move this to the User Showcase section.
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

Love it.
Thanx for putting some humor back in music its something that has really gone missing.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I think this should go in user showcase forum? I'm going to move it.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
breath007

Post by breath007 »

I am impress with this information you posted and by the way you got a good looking

site. I like your good work.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

breath007 wrote:I am impress with this information you posted and by the way you got a good looking site. I like your good work.
I couldn't have put it more succinctly myself. :lol:

Fun stuff Eric! Well done.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote:
breath007 wrote:I am impress with this information you posted and by the way you got a good looking site. I like your good work.
I couldn't have put it more succinctly myself. :lol:

Fun stuff Eric! Well done.
Sounds like another bogus spammer/bot got in. I can't handle this through Tapatalk. Damn spammers make me get out of bed!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
crduval

Post by crduval »

Hey Prime that is some great stuff, loved the video and the music! Also dug the production. Maybe it was just my eyes fooling my ears, but when the video went from B&W to color, I could swear the production changed - did it? Or maybe it was the wine with dinner...

Seems like you've got a really great thing going there. Congratulations!
M2 MacBook Air, DP11, MOTU MX-4, MOTU Mach5, EWQLSO Platinum, Acoustic Samples B5, UAD Waterfall Organ, EWQL Platinum Pianos, UVI Falcon, UAD-2 Duo, MOTU Ultralite mk5, K2600XS controller