Two slightly different pieces (said with a wink)

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
remmet
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Two slightly different pieces (said with a wink)

Post by remmet »

I can't think of two more contrasting pieces I've written in the same time frame. But they were both fun, for different reasons.

Roses in Rain
https://soundcloud.com/richard-emmet/roses-in-rain

Backwoods Train
https://soundcloud.com/richard-emmet/backwoods-train

Enjoy.

Richard
www.richardemmet.com
Mac mini 2018 3.2GHz i7; OS X 10.144.6; 64 GB RAM; DP 10.1; Apollo X6; Kontakt 6; Omnisphere II; Adagio Everything, Spitfire almost Everything, Berlin Winds and Brass, Xosphere 2, and endless other sample libraries, acoustic and electric guitars, and assorted other essentials that have helped make me the "almost break even guy" my accountant so admires.
midiw

Re: Two slightly different pieces (said with a wink)

Post by midiw »

You are an incredible music composer!

Listening and enjoying your compositions at SoundCloud.
Mac OS: Mojave
remmet

Post by remmet »

You are very kind, midiw. Thanks for listening and responding.

Richard
Mac mini 2018 3.2GHz i7; OS X 10.144.6; 64 GB RAM; DP 10.1; Apollo X6; Kontakt 6; Omnisphere II; Adagio Everything, Spitfire almost Everything, Berlin Winds and Brass, Xosphere 2, and endless other sample libraries, acoustic and electric guitars, and assorted other essentials that have helped make me the "almost break even guy" my accountant so admires.
buhardilla

Post by buhardilla »

I've just listen your compositions in soundcloud... congratulations all of them are great and beautiful !!
What samples strings libraries was used in Roses in Rain? (sounds very realist )
DP 10.11 || iMac 2019 5K ||i9 8core 3.6GHz|| 64 GB RAM|| macOS 11.5.1
RME AiOPro || Softube Console 1 ||
remmet

Post by remmet »

buhardilla wrote:I've just listen your compositions in soundcloud... congratulations all of them are great and beautiful !!
What samples strings libraries was used in Roses in Rain? (sounds very realist )
Thanks Buhardilla,

On Roses in Rain, I used various combinations of these libraries:

8Dio's Adagio violins, violas, and cellos
EW Platinum Strings
Hollywood Strings

All together, there were about 20 tracks of strings in the piece. Plus harp (Vienna) and celesta (Kontakt orch. library).

Thanks for listening!

Richard