Merry Christmas, Baby Jesus

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
mastermixaudiomedia
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Merry Christmas, Baby Jesus

Post by mastermixaudiomedia »

(from my liner notes uploaded to Tunecore)

Introducing Mr. Billy Brown, former lead singer of The Fabulous Broadways with the 1964 hit single "Goin-Goin-Gone", and formerly of The Moments(Love On a Two Way Street). Billy, one-third of the chart-topping R&B trio Ray, Goodman & Brown with the hits "Special Lady", "Inside Of You" and "Take it to the Limit", is now celebrating the birth of Christ with "Merry Christmas, Baby Jesus" Hope you enjoy. Special thanks to Ron Coleman, Thomas Jones, Dennis Anderson and Kenneth McGee.

Recording Location:

Recorded at TJ Music , Brielle, NJ. Mixed/Mastered at Mastermix Audio Media, Asbury Park, NJ.

Hear a short preview here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/merry ... d580922915

Song composed and vocals recorded in DP 7.24 via an 828MK3 by Thomas Jones. Instruments are from a Korg M-50, also recorded to audio via the 828MK3 by me.

Mixed in DP 7.24 ITB via my Yamaha 02R96V2/Dynaudioacoustics AIR6/AIR Base-12 monitors. Clocked by Apogee Big Ben.
DP 10.13 OS X 10.13.6 Mac Pro 3.46 12-core 48GB/6TB UAD-2 Octo
MOTU User from when before Performer was Digital!
http://www.mastermixaudiomedia.com
Frodo

Re: Merry Christmas, Baby Jesus

Post by Frodo »

Nice.

And how may we help you?
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I guess by buying it. Bye buy.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hmmm... as long as it's a piece of music you want critique of I have no problem with any religious content in this post. I've established that in the past as long as the intent is to receive input, etc. and not to push a point of view.

Still, I don't know what policy should be implemented about posts that just link to iTunes where you just hear iTunes sample snippet. Is that critique or commerce? Still I don't really mind members plugging a project either so long as there's an appropriate forum. Still formulating policy here. Hmmm... something to ponder.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'm still wondering if it makes any sense to say Merry Christmas to baby JJ? Happy Birthday, maybe. Happy Hanukah maybe? Joyful bris?

That's it! Merry Brismas!!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mastermixaudiomedia

Post by mastermixaudiomedia »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I guess by buying it. Bye buy.
Whatever. :roll: I posted to get some comments about how the song sounds(as per James' reply), not to get slagged. Being that the song is 2:56 in length, you're actually getting a pretty decent preview of it.

And as for the content, I am simply the conduit through which the song flowed. Was originally contacted about mastering this and other songs in a production, advised a remix after listening to the songs, and got the job of remixing/mastering the whole lot. Not trying to push any religious agenda, anyone who knows me knows that that's not my mode of operation.

I'm sure James will sort out some criteria for iTunes preview links in posts. In the meantime this is what I(we) have to work with, so there you go.

By the way here's a link to another Christmas-themed project I did some years ago, mixed in DP from a transfer from a restored 1/2" 8-track master. I don't think anybody will have any problem with the length...

http://www.mrbrecords.com/thefirstchristmasgift.hs.html

Edit: Article in Asbury Park Press about the song and project...

http://www.app.com/article/20121219/NJE ... -after-all

Happy Holidays.
DP 10.13 OS X 10.13.6 Mac Pro 3.46 12-core 48GB/6TB UAD-2 Octo
MOTU User from when before Performer was Digital!
http://www.mastermixaudiomedia.com