Better Humans session - "Viladomat"

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
Tesionman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Better Humans session - "Viladomat"

Post by Tesionman »

Howdy!

Better Humans is an Indie Pop project from England lead by Aaron Owen Smith. Aaron contacted me to do the drum tracking for this song. This track really started to grow on me after a while. I am really happy with what Aaron did with the song.

On this track I did not use the rack tom since I wouldn't need it for the track. This drum kit is my my ol' faithful Premier SIGNIA Maple kit with a 24"x18" Kick. The snare is tuned really low which I think benefits the song.

cheers and thanks for watching!

Get Real Live Drum Tracks @ http://www.hugoribeiro.com

Macbook Pro | DP 10.13 | Motu 8Pre (x2) | Apogee Duet 2
Sonor Drums | Sabian Cymbals | Remo Drumheads | Vater Drumsticks
crduval

Re: Better Humans session - "Viladomat"

Post by crduval »

Really nice Hugo. That drum part really fits that song like a glove, and the kit sounds great. I like the way you split the verses; the first part gives a lot of space without sacrificing momentum, and the second part with that 16th note hihat part really lifts the second half of the verse going into the chorus.

Just curious; did you collaborate remotely to do that? Did they send you the tracks and you added in your part, or was it more of a band session? Were you free to come up with your own ideas or did they send you a guide track that was pretty much what they wanted?

Anyway, nice work, I enjoyed that. :headbang:

Chris
M2 MacBook Air, DP11, MOTU MX-4, MOTU Mach5, EWQLSO Platinum, Acoustic Samples B5, UAD Waterfall Organ, EWQL Platinum Pianos, UVI Falcon, UAD-2 Duo, MOTU Ultralite mk5, K2600XS controller
Tesionman

Post by Tesionman »

crduval wrote:Really nice Hugo. That drum part really fits that song like a glove, and the kit sounds great. I like the way you split the verses; the first part gives a lot of space without sacrificing momentum, and the second part with that 16th note hihat part really lifts the second half of the verse going into the chorus.

Just curious; did you collaborate remotely to do that? Did they send you the tracks and you added in your part, or was it more of a band session? Were you free to come up with your own ideas or did they send you a guide track that was pretty much what they wanted?

Anyway, nice work, I enjoyed that. :headbang:

Chris
Thanks so much Chris!!! 8)

Well, the song was sent with programmed drums so I got the idea what was wanted and I was given some freedom to do what I thought felt right but obviously respecting the song at the same time. The programmed drums were already pretty good but I still altered some things(for example the 16ths on the hats) and put my "flavor" to it.

Thanks again for taking the time to watch and comment!

cheers

Martini Hill

Post by Martini Hill »

This is very cool! Nice job Hugo!

J.
|l| OS X 10.8.5 ML |l| 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro-8GB RAM |l| DP 9.02 |l| VE Pro 5 |l|Motu MTP AV-#2 MIDI Express USB-#2 2408 Mk II |l| #2 Mackie 400f's |l| Peak Pro 7 |l| Waves 9.x |l| CLA Classic Compressors |l| MPX Master Tape |l| Vocal Rider |l| iZotope Stutter Edit |l| Omnisphere 2 |l| Mach5 2 |l| Sample Tank 2 |l| Sonik Synth 2 |l| Stylus RMX |l| VirHarmonic |l| Albion I |l| VE Pro 5 |l| Superior Drummer 2 |l| EZ Drummer |l| Drumcore 2.5 |l| Garritan Personal Orchestra |l| Many hardware synths.
Tesionman

Post by Tesionman »

Martini Hill wrote:This is very cool! Nice job Hugo!

J.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to watch and comment! 8)

cheers