Orchestral Civil War Anthology

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
HarmonicMotion

Orchestral Civil War Anthology

Post by HarmonicMotion »

An Orchestral Civil War Anthology for a College Film Scoring Final Project, project was to write music for 3 different scripted scenes

1. Wife in house doing daily chores alone because husband has just left for battle
2. Husband marching into battle and then battle taking place
3. Wife sadly completing daily chores worried about husbands well being and then husband suddenly coming home not injured.

All instruments were VSO, sequenced in DP7 w/ Oxygen8 keyboard except guitar which was Pettinhouse free classic guitar.

http://soundcloud.com/harmonic-motion/c ... -anthology

Comments/Critique/Questions warmly welcomed.

HM
HarmonicMotion

Re: Orchestral Civil War Anthology

Post by HarmonicMotion »

Linwood,

Thank you for the kind words. I was starting to think no one was going to say anything.

HM
AnthonyS
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by AnthonyS »

Actually I just listened to this and your other stuff and I think it's great. Keep up the good work!

Nice to know about the Pettinhouse stuff, too

Anthony
MacBook Pro 15" 2G QuadCore i7,8G RAM, 20"Intel iMac 2.4Ghz , 4G RAM.OSX 10.8.3 on both, DP 7.24, MOTU 828MK3, AudioBox 1818, KRK Rokit 6G2, Omnisphere 1.5, Komplete 8, Amplitube 2&3, SampleTank, Sonik Synth2, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Ivory 2, Philharmonik, EWQL MOR, SC, SOG, SD2, Reason 6, Waves, McDSP, Slate Digital VCC, FGX, Sound Toys.
HarmonicMotion

Post by HarmonicMotion »

Anthony,

Thank you for the compliments. It's very nice to hear people listen to these and enjoy them... and yes to you both, I will keep posting all sorts of stuff.

Anthony, the Pettinhouse stuff is amazing. It's just one guy (Andrea), and he has managed to sample a number of instruments and gives many of them away for free. I actually bought the Ukelele for $70 for a rush T.V. pilot that needed that quarky sound and have been using it on all sorts of stuff.

Thanks again for all the compliments guys!

Cheers,

HM