Flying Machine

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Flying Machine

Post by philbrown »

2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
KenNickels

Re: Flying Machine

Post by KenNickels »

Nice. It's a good song for driving fast with the top down!
My Box(s): Two Mac Pros 5,1/3Ghz, 12 core, 96GB Ram, OS 10.14.6, One Windows 10 computer, Vienna Ensemble Pro, MOTU Audio Express, DP 10.01, Falcon 3, Eastwest, NOVO Strings, 8Dio Brass, Spitfire,, Symphobia
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

What a gorgeous mix! The guitar tones are lovely. Everything sounds really natural and not-over-compressed.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

Wow! Thanks guys. What a nice surprise! That was actually a remix of a song off our first album. The original was stripped down with cajon and we overdubbed the drum kit and I did a fresh mix from the ground up. That guitar solo was a one-take with my amp on a table getting feedback. I couldn't do that again in a million years!

I highly recommend a mastering plug called Limitless by DMG. We demo'd at least a dozen mastering plugs when I mixed our second album, including all the Waves stuff which I already own and a bunch of others. It was an eye-opener how different they all sounded! Limitless won hands down, but a Voxengo one (don't recall the name) came in a resonably close second.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce