Using Symphonic Instrument with Sibelius 7.1.3

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

Cavies79
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Using Symphonic Instrument with Sibelius 7.1.3

Post by Cavies79 »

Could anybody tell me if I should be able to use Symphonic Instrument with Sibelius 7.1.3. Also, how do get this to work? I've contacted Avid and MOTU. So far, nobody seems to be able to help me.

Thanks,

Dennis
bdr
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Using Symphonic Instrument with Sibelius 7.1.3

Post by bdr »

Hi Cavies79

Using external libraries in Sibelius can be a frustrating and difficult process. Sib relies on 'sound sets' which are documents that describe each of the sounds of your VI in terms Sibelius understands. You can create these yourself but they are a little convoluted and difficult. There are 3rd party providers of sound sets (http://www.soundsetproject.com) although I don't know if there is one for Symphonic Instrument.

For info read up on Sound Sets and Soundworld in the Sibelius manual.
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
Cavies79
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Cavies79 »

I think I am just going to stop trying to use this software. I don't believe it will work with Sibelius. I am going to purchase another one that works with Sibelius.Sound set project does not have this available.

I am very disappointed. :(
bdr
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by bdr »

Yeah trying to get the libraries you want to playback in Sibelius can be very difficult. If you have Kontakt there's a sound set for its orchestral sounds to playback. Also check out Note Performer

http://www.noteperformer.com

it gives quite good playback in many instances.
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
hugy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by hugy »