New OS, reinstallation of MOTU software, now, not working

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

Psalm62_1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

New OS, reinstallation of MOTU software, now, not working

Post by Psalm62_1 »

On the advice of a friend, I uninstalled all my MOTU/DP7 software. :shock:
She mentioned that, the OS I was working on was causing some problems and it would be best to uninstall all my MOTU/DP software, upgrade my Mac OS and then reinstall the MOTU/DP software.
After using MacKeeper to uninstall all my MOTU/DP software AND prefs, I then installed the OS upgrade from the Mac OS 10.5.8 that I had been on and upgraded to 10.6.8.
I reinstalled DP and also installed the upgrades from the MOTU site to bring it up to 7.24.
Aside from the CueMix being slightly different in appearance and also having the extra CueMix FX such as the "Devices", from what I was used to under the old Mac OS, everything else about my DP is working perfectly.

Here is my problem....

I am just now trying to reinstall my MSI and MOTU Ethno.
I followed the directions to install my MSI.dat file to one of my hard drives (not the one that my OS resides in, however, it is an internal hard drive). I then ejected that disc and inserted the MSI Installer disk. I double-clicked the Install icon and followed the prompts. According to the installer, the installation was successful and was on my main hard drive (the one with my apps and all my other OS stuff). It also prompted me to install the iLok update which I did.

I searched for MSI and it only found the MSI.dat file. MSI is not in my app folder or anywhere else on my hard drive.
Because of this, I have not tried to install the MOTU Ethno.

BOTH my MSI and Ethno are original, 1st versions.

Is my new Mac OS10.6.8 not compatible with the original MSI and Ethno?

PLEASE help :banghead:
Last edited by Psalm62_1 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOTU 2408mk3, MOTU 24i/o, MOTU micro lite, Allen & Heath,T.C. Electronic Triple C Single Channel & Stereo Channel, ART Pro VLA (2), Grace 101, Summit Audio FeQ-50, other pre amps, compressors and FX units by Aphex, Alesis, DigiTech, Line 6, etc.. Groove Tubes, CAD, Shure, Sennheiser, EV, Oktava mics, Whirlwind, Monster and Pro Co cables.
Mac Pro Dual-Core Intel Xeon 2.66GHz, 8 GB RAM running on OS10.6.8
Peak LE 5.2, Ampeg SVX, EZDrummer, EZKeys, Final Cut Express 4, Ethno Inst., MSI.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: New OS, reinstallation of MOTU software, now, not workin

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'd call or shoot off a quick tech link to MOTU. I'm certain they can fix things. And as always, repair permissions.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
merlyn

Post by merlyn »

I have exactly the same problem occuring when re-installing MSI on my now upgraded (10.6.8) OSX, using DP8? Can't find MSI anywhere on the computer.
Psalm62, did you get a solution?
Psalm62_1

Post by Psalm62_1 »

Hey Merlyn,
Yes.
In a tracking session now but, hope to write back later this evening when my session is over.
MOTU 2408mk3, MOTU 24i/o, MOTU micro lite, Allen & Heath,T.C. Electronic Triple C Single Channel & Stereo Channel, ART Pro VLA (2), Grace 101, Summit Audio FeQ-50, other pre amps, compressors and FX units by Aphex, Alesis, DigiTech, Line 6, etc.. Groove Tubes, CAD, Shure, Sennheiser, EV, Oktava mics, Whirlwind, Monster and Pro Co cables.
Mac Pro Dual-Core Intel Xeon 2.66GHz, 8 GB RAM running on OS10.6.8
Peak LE 5.2, Ampeg SVX, EZDrummer, EZKeys, Final Cut Express 4, Ethno Inst., MSI.
hugy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by hugy »

http://www.motu.com/newsitems/updates-f ... nstruments

64-bit compatible UFS library for Symphonic Instrument users
The Symphonic Instrument sound library is now available as a 64-bit compatible UFS file, which can be used with MachFive 3 or UVI Workstation 2 on 64-bit Mac and Windows systems. This UFS file contains exactly the same sounds as the original MSI.dat file. The only difference is that it can be used on 64-bit systems (unlike the .dat file). Click here to download. (It's almost 8 GB, so the download may take a while.)

IMPORTANT NOTE: before you can use this new MSi.ufs file, you must contact MOTU tech support to obtain a Pace authorization for it, which you will download to your iLok. For complete details, read this tech note.
merlyn

Post by merlyn »

Yezzz, it's working :dance: . Thank you so much for your support.