No response on Windows 7 using Cubase 6

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

capos201
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

No response on Windows 7 using Cubase 6

Post by capos201 »

Hi,

I just recently purchased the MOTU Symphonic Instrument, I have tried absolutely everything to make this software function on my system but there seems to be no way of getting it to work.

I have done exactly what the manual instructed : copy the msi.dat file to my local hard drive and then install the actual application, everything seems to install fine. The software gets authorized and there are no error messages.

When I try to open the software in stand alone mode, there's only a blank window that appears with the FILE menu bar at the top. There are no visible options in this window. The same thing happens when I try to load the plugin as a VST in Cubase 6.

I have tried downloading the updates from the motu website, the installation seems to hang everytime on "updating system registry". But in any case it still gives me a blank window even with the installation from the site.

I am running on windows 7, using Cubase 6 with MOTU Symphonic Instrument 1.1.3

I really appreciate any help you can offer me.

Thank you,

Capo
Diazruanova
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: No response on Windows 7 using Cubase 6

Post by Diazruanova »

Sorry if this does not help you, but I managed to install successfully the MSI on my Windows 7 x64 bits machine and it sounded fine either as stand alone, or as a VST instrument on Cubase 6, BUT it managed to saturate my otherwise "powerful" CPU: Intel i7 860 @ 2940Mhz (the VST performance window was peaking constantly almost at 100%) leaving no room for running any other VST Instrument, so I had to un-install it in favor of Steinberg´s own Symphonic Instrument which runs lean and mean and it sounds IMO better and if you notice, MOTU´s MSI latest update is ver. 1.1.3 from Feb/2007, almost 5 years ago !!!!!!! :shock:

best
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 860 @ 2940 MHz // GPU: ATI-Radeon HD 5670
MotherBoard: Gigabyte H55M-USB3 // RAM: 8Gb // Audio Card: Audio Card: M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Cubase 6 x 64 Bit 6.0.4
The Grand 3 ver. 3.1.1 64Bit // Halion Symphonic Orchestra 1.5.0 x 64 Bit
EWQLSO Symphonic Orchestra GOLD 64Bit (Play 3.0.21)